Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Review
The Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat is considered one of the best car seats on the market and is one of the safest car seats you can buy. Britax is known for its quality and its high safety standards and anyone looking for a long use car seat with superb side impact protection need not look any further!
- High safety ratings, side impact protection, EPP protective foam
- Easy to adjust harness
- No rethread harness height—just turn the knob
- High weight capacity—5-40 lbs rear facing and 20-65 lbs forward facing
- Comfortable and good padding
- Easy to install and great LATCH system
- Recline in rear and forward facing positions
Britax Marathon ClickTight Features
The Britax Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat is the older sibling of the Britax Roundabout car seat, but unlike the Roundabout, which can only be used until 55 lbs, the Marathon can fit children up to 70 lbs. You’ll never need another car seat!
The Britax Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat can be used rear facing from 5 lbs-40 lbs and then converted to a forward facing seat after one year or from 20 lbs-65 lbs—although new recommendations suggest leaving your child rear facing for at least two years. After your child reaches 65 lbs and is 49 in height, it is time to purchase a booster seat.
The Marathon seat, like the Britax Roundabout, comes with Side Impact Protection (which distributes crash forces, shields the baby from vehicle intrusions (debris like flying glass caused by an accident) and contains the head, neck and body of your child. For even more advanced safety features check out the Britax Boulevard convertible car seat.
Other features of the Britax Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat are:
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains head, neck and body
- Tangle-free 14-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- HUGS™ (Harness Ultra Guard System) reduces forward head movement and cushions the chest in the event of impact
- 65 lb weight capacity
- Rear and forward facing recline for your child’s comfort
- Plush, Easy-Remove Premium Cover Set with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Two buckle positions for your growing child
- Quick-Adjust No Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Convenient Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way when placing your child in the car seat
- Weight: 28.5 lbs
- Dimension: 18.5Wx23.5Hx23D
- Certified for Aircraft travel
- Made in the USA with global parts
Britax Marathon ClickTight Car Seat User Reviews
The Britax Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat has received a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars from hundreds of online reviewers at diapers.com, amazon.com, babyearth.com, target.com and toysrus.com.
Users absolutely love the Britax Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat and almost every user (from hundreds) has rated the Britax Marathon with a full 4 or 5 star rating. You really have to search hard to find that one happy user who gives the Marathon a 1 star rating.
Reviewers just “can’t say enough good things about this car seat,” and absolutely “love, love, love” the Birtax Marathon ClickTight ! The seat is extremely comfortable for babies and children, is roomy—yet not too bulky, and has a great recline. Installation is a breeze and this seat has one of the easiest LATCH systems around.
The harness straps on the seat are easy to adjust and users are thrilled with the no-rethread harness which allows them to adjust the height of the harness straps with just the turn of a knob. The harness straps even come with comfortable padding to prevent any irritation on your child’s neck or shoulders.
Many parents report that their fussy baby stopped crying once they switched from the infant car seat to the Marathon and babies and children loving taking naps while riding in this car seat. Most importantly though, the Britax Marathon car seat is a very safe car seat and has great side impact protection.
Users say the Marathon really feels like a quality seat and it is “worth every penny” to buy this seat over the less expensive and inferior car seat brands. The Britax Marathon ClickTight is an “investment worth making,” because it is an investment in “quality and safety.”
And since this car seat can accommodate babies rear facing from 5 lbs-40 lbs (age 4-5) and children forward facing from 20 lbs-65 lbs (age 9-10), this is really the only car seat you will ever need. While you pay one high price initially, think about how much money you can save skipping the purchase of an infant car seat and a 5-point harness booster car seat.
Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
There are really no negative reviews to report for the Britax Marathon. The main cause for complaint about this car seat is the expensive price; however, most users feel the seat is worth the cost. A few users think the seat is a bit large, yet they say it still fits well in compact cars and sedans.
Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Review:- Summary
Overall, the Britax Marathon is one of the highest rated car seats by online reviewers and has received fantastic recommendations from both parents and safety experts alike. Definitely worth a buy!
Toxic Car Seat Fabric Warning On Some Models
****Toxicity Warning: New studies have been released showing the levels of toxins and chemicals used in different car seat fabrics and fabric dyes. Britax is not the only brand of car seat with this issue—unfortunately all the car seat brands made the toxicity list with some of their fabric colors, but I did call Britax customer service to find out what they are doing about it.
They are currently testing their fabrics to verify the reports and say there seems to be a difference between the fabrics made of a microfiber material verses nylon material. The Nylon materials have more chemicals.
However, for anyone who is concerned and already owns one of the flagged seats, you can call Britax and they will send you a new seat fabric if your car seat is one of the ones affected by this new chemical report.