For one of the highest rated infant car seats with top rankings for both safety and comfort, give the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat a try!
The Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat is designed for infants weighing 4lbs-30lbs, which allows for long use for an infant car seat. In terms of both safety and comfort.
This seat has been given one of the highest ratings by Consumer Reports, and if you are looking for a safe and reliable infant car seat for your baby the Keyfit30 just may be the model you are looking for.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat: This infant car seat can accommodate infants from 4lbs until 30lbs and comes with a newborn insert which can be used for infants from 4lbs-11lbs to ensure a snug fit.
The seat has also been designed to serve as a travel system with the Cortina, Trevi, CT or S3 strollers, all made by Chicco, and with a special car seat adaptor it can also work as a travel system with most other stroller brands.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Review :- Features
Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat, Orion
- The #1-rated infant car seat in America!
- Easiest to install with Recline Sure levelling foot, Ride Right bubble levels, and Super Cinch LATCH tightened
- Designed for travel system use with compatible Chicco strollers (sold separately)
- Removable new-born head and body supports. For infants from 4 to 30 lbs and up to 30 inches in height
- 5-point harness with easy-pull tightened. 2-position carry-handle with comfortable grip
- A One-Pull Tightening and Loosing System Harness–allows for a quick harness fitting
- Thick Padding that gives extra support for even a small baby
- EPS, Energy Absorbing Foam, lined carrier shell
- LATCH system for easy installation
- Wide Belt Routing Loops with built in locking system for a secure fit for cars without LATCH
- Spring-Loaded Leveling Foot and Easy to Read Liquid Bubble Level Guides—to ensure a level and secure installation of the seat
- An Enclosed Underside of the base of the seat to protect the vehicle seat from damage
- Side-Impact Protection Tested
- 5-Point Harness
- Comfortable Carry Handle
- Sun Canopy
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Machine Washable Fabric
- Dimensions: 22x17x24 inches
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Review:- Pros
Overall users love the seat because of its high safety ratings and superior quality.
Parents say the seat is very easy to install, the LATCH system works great in all cars and the carrier shell of the seat clicks easily in and out of the secure base with ease.
Users also love the level footing and bubble levels that allow them to see that they installed the seat correctly.
Another plus for the seat is that it fits well in compact cars and leaves plenty of room for other back passengers to sit.
It also does not cause the front passenger seat to move forward, a common complaint with many other car seats.
However, the compact size, comfort and ease of use are just the bonuses for purchasing the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat.
The number one reason users purchase this car seat is the high safety ratings the Keyfit 30 has received.
This car seat has been rigorously crash tested, even side impact tested, and has been found to be one of the safest infant car seats on the market today.
A few reviewers even commented on how the seat held up in accidents saying the seat worked well and their baby survived the ordeal unharmed, safe and secure in the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Review:-Cons
There are a few minor negatives for the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat—but no real deal breakers.
One of the main complaints is that the fabric on the seat is not very breathable and can get very hot, especially in warm climates like Florida or Las Vegas.
A few parents also feel that the car seat is too heavy to carry, especially with their baby inside (but I have yet to read reviews about any infant car seat where users don’t complain about this problem) and some users feel the sun canopy is a bit too small.
Low Toxicity Level For Car Seat Fabric
In case you needed another reason to buy Chicco, here is another. New studies have been released showing the levels of toxins and chemicals used in different car seat fabrics and fabric dyes.
This new study advises staying away from car seats with high levels of toxic chemicals used in the production of these colors.
Most car seats on the market today have received a medium rating for levels of chemicals, with a few ratings of the scary high for some car seat fabrics.
However, the Chicco Keyfit 30 model has 3 fabric choices that have been rated Low for toxic chemicals are therefore some of the safest car seat fabric picks you can make (and they have no fabrics in the high rating).
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Review :- Pros and Cons
- One of the highest rated infant car seats for safety and comfort
- Easy to use
- Fits well in smaller, compact cars
- Fabric not very breathable and can be sweaty in hot weather
- Like all infant car seats, the seat can be heavy to carry when baby is inside
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Review:- Summary
Overall, users are very pleased with this infant car seat and the Chicco KeyFit3 0 is one of the safest infant car seats on the market.
Users love the security this infant car seat provides and also are so happy with how easy this seat is to use. An excellent option for an infant car seat! Worth a buy!
*Chicco products are made in Italy.