Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat Review
The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat is perhaps the most inexpensive car seat you can buy.
However, this doesn’t mean that it is unsafe for your child.
The seat has side impact tested, comes with many other safety features and meets all US safety requirements for a car seat.
Overall, it is one of the most economical baby purchases a parent can make and is great for parents on a tight budget.
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Saturn
1 used from $57.11
- Side impact tested, Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo's side impact test standard
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard. Rear facing fit tip is top of child head is at least 1 inch below the top of the child restraint seat back
- Multiple shoulder harness positions for better fit and longer use. Age at least two years of age
- Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting
- Integrated body cushion gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children
- Rear Facing for infants 5 to 30 lbs
- Forward Facing for infants 22 to 40 lbs
- Removable, washable pads—seat pad and infant’s head pillow
- EPP Energy Absorbing foam liner gives the added safety that parents desire
- 5-point harness preferred by safety advocacy groups
- Multiple shoulder harness positions for a better fit and longer use
- Upfront harness adjust makes tightening the harness quick and effortless
- Side Impact Tested! Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo’s side impact standards
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2x the federal crash test standard
- Weight: 9.1 lbs
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 22 x 25.5
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Video
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
The Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat is just one example of why you don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a quality product.
While the Evenflo Tribute LX lacks all of the bells and whistles of more expensive convertible car seats, reviewers are very pleased with their purchase and generally think the Tribute LX is a great seat for the price paid.
Users say the Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat is really easy to install and the Latch system is great.
Most users say the seat is very comfortable for their child (although not the best for long trips due to lack of padding) and the harness straps are very easy to adjust.
You won’t have to struggle to take your child out of this seat.
Most importantly, the Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat is safe since it is side-impact tested and has EPP protective foam.
Also, almost every user agrees that for the price (under $100) this is a great seat and you really won’t be unhappy with what you are getting for your money.
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
Many users complain that the greatest problem with the Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat is its lack of padding in the bum area.
They say while this is not an issue for shorter trips about town, this can be a problem if your child spends long amounts of time in the car seat at one time.
A few users also say the car seat does not offer enough head and neck support for sleeping toddlers and several users hate that the harness straps have no comfort pads—however, you can purchase inexpensive pads to put on the straps.
Some think the button to release the harness straps is a bit difficult to press, although others say it is not, and users wish they didn’t have to rethread the harness straps to adjust the harness height—but many seats double and triple the price of the Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat also lack a no-rethread harness.
- Very inexpensive
- Side impact tested and EPP protective foam
- Harness straps are easy to adjust
- Easy to install
- No padding in the bum area
- No head or neck support during naps
- Shoulder straps have no pads
- Harness release button takes force to press
- Need to rethread the harness straps to adjust harness height when the child grows.
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Summary
Overall, most users think the Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat is a really “good seat,” and is well worth the inexpensive price tag.
However, others make a point of saying the Tribute LX is a good “spare” seat and is not the best for everyday use. They think this is a great seat to buy for the grandparent’s car or the babysitter’s car.
However, it is not possible to find another side impact tested, meets US safety standards, car seat at this price.
For parents on a tight budget who still want to ensure the safety of their child, but who just can’t afford some of the pricier seats, the Evenflo Tribute LX car seat is the way to go.
This seat will allow you to sleep well at night knowing that despite any budget constraints, you still provided a quality car seat for your baby.
You may also want to check out the Graco ComfortSport convertible car seat which also retails for under $100.