Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review
The Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is an all-in-one car seat that starts as a rear-facing infant car seat, converts to a
forward-facing car seat and later transitions into a belt-positioning booster! You’ll never need to buy another seat for your child!
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Harvest Moon
- Recommended Products
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Conclusion
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Harvest Moon
3 used from $121.38
- BUILT TO GROW: The 3-in-1 car seat built to GROW for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: The Grow and Go's side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- EASY IN, EASY OUT: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat. Rear facing height is 19-40 inches. Forward facing height is 29-52 inches
- QUICKFIT HARNESS: With the QuickFit Harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- WASH AND DRY: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; no fuss for truly easy cleaning
- Extended-use car seat
- Rear-facing 5-35 pounds
- Forward-facing 22-50 pounds
- Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- Side Impact Protection
- 5-point internal harness with up-front adjustment fits babies up to 50 pounds
- QuickFit™ 5-position padded headrest adjusts with harness in one easy step – never needs re-threading!
- 3-position recline
- Infant’s head insert
- Articulating armrests
- Removable cup/juice holder on seat
- Removable pillow with padded belt covers
- LATCH equipped
- Meets or exceeds Federal Safety Standards
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
Users love that the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 convertible car seat is the only best convertible car seat they will ever need to purchase for their child because the seat can be used rear-facing from 5-35 lbs, and then be turned forward-facing from 22-50 lbs.
After this, the seat can be converted into a booster seat from 50-100 lbs.
No need to ever purchase an additional car safety seat because all of the car safety seats your child will ever need to exist all in one product!
Most reviewers purchased the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 car seat because it is a safe car seat with and this helps make them feel good when driving around with their baby.
Babies seem super comfortable sitting in this car seat and they love that the seat sits so high in the car because it provides a great view out the car window.
The seat fabric is removable and easy to clean and users say they love how soft it is. The headrest and the safety straps adjust without any effort and you can recline the seat even when your child is sitting in the seat.
Most users feel the car seat is easy to install if you read the instruction booklet and watch the Safety 1st installation video posted on YouTube.
Users report that their child sleeps well in this seat without their kid’s head falling forward and they love the removable infant head pillow.
However, most importantly, users love how safe this seat is and many have reported accidents they have been in while their child was strapped into this car seat and their child walked away without a scratch or bruise. Thanks, Safety 1st!
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
You may want to test this seat out in your car before purchasing because many reviewers say they had to return the seat. After all, it just didn’t fit in their car at all.
The problem seems to be when the seat is positioned in the rear-facing position.
When you recline the seat to the proper angle when rear-facing it pushes the front seat forward making it almost unusable for passengers.
However, this is not a problem if you are using the seat forward-facing.
The other major complaint about this car seat is that it is hard to install it in the rear-facing position and the car seat is a bit heavy.
Users say this is not the seat to purchase if you need to frequently move it from car to car.
Many users also complain that the straps on the seat are difficult to adjust (although other users say they are easy to adjust) and there are consistent complaints that the cup holder, which is built into the seat, is positioned too far away for young kids to reach their sippy cup. Several users say they prefer the Britax Marathon seat, even though it costs quite a bit more.
- Washable Fabric
- Love The Recline
- Safe In Rear and Forward Facing Positions
- Very Large Rear Facing—Takes Up Lots Of Room
- Hard To Install Rear Facing
- Straps Difficult To Adjust
- Not Recommended To Use As Seatbelt Positioning Booster Car Seat By Safety Organizations—Found Unsafe As a Selt Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat, it does not help to position the seatbelt correctly—But Is Safe As A Rear or Forwarding Facing Car Seat
- Cup Holder Positioned Too Far Away For Kids To Reach
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Conclusion
New research has shown the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat does not work well as a belt-positioning booster car seat and will not provide your child with the safety needed when used as such.
It is a safe seat as a rear-facing or forward-facing car seat but should no longer be used as a belt-positioning booster seat. But, it works great as a great convertible car seat.