The Evenflo Symphony LX Convertible Car Seat/Booster can be used rear-facing for children 5 lbs-40 lbs and forward facing 22 lbs-60 lbs. It can then be converted into a belt positioning booster seat from 40 lbs-110 lbs.
The 5 lb-110 lb weight limit of this seat ensures that this will be the only car seat you will ever need to buy your baby. A great one time investment!
- Quick connect latch system
- Only car seat you will ever need for your baby
- Great recline
- Easy to use
- Fabric machine washable
- Latch doesn’t tighten well in all cars
- Fabric feels cheap
- Can take up too much room rear facing in small cars
The Evenflo Symphony LX Convertible Car Seat/Booster Features
This Evenflo Symphony LX Convertible car seat is an all-in-one car seat and is the only car seat you will ever need to purchase. The seat can be used rear-facing for infants from 5 lbs-40 lbs and then be converted into a forward facing seat from 22 lbs-60 lbs.
From 40 lbs until 110 lbs the seat can be transformed into a belt positioning booster, thereby providing your child with all the car seat safety protection he needs from birth through childhood.
Features of the seat include:
- Rear Facing for infants 5 to 40 lbs.
- Forward Facing for infants 22 to 60 lbs.
- Booster for children 40 to 110 lbs.
- Quick-Connector™ LATCH quickly and safely attaches to your vehicle’s LATCH System with one hand
- Infinite Slide Harness simply slides for an accurate fit every time. No harness rethreading necessary!
- The only car seat you will ever need! For use rear-facing for infants, forward-facing with the internal harness for toddlers and as a belt-positioning booster for older children.
- 65 lbs Harness Rating! Accommodates growing children longer
- ReclineRight™ upfront multi-position recline for your child’s comfort
- One-hand adjustable headrest grows with your child
- Flip-out cup holder conveniently holds drinks, or folds up out of sight!
- Removable head and body support pillows provide added comfort
- Easy-off, machine-washable car seat pad requires no harness rethreading
- Side Impact Tested! Meets or exceeds all applicable Federal Safety Standards AND Evenflo’s Side Impact Test Standard
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the federal crash test standard
- Includes EPS, energy-absorbing foam for added safety
- Weight: 23 lbs
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 21.8 x 21.2
Evenflo Symphony LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
The Symphony Convertible All-In-One Car Seat/Booster has received a rating of 4.3 out 5 stars from reviewers at toysrus.com and amazon.com.
Users are very pleased with the Evenflo Symphony LX car seat with many of them raving about the no-thread straps and the recline feature, which they say is great for long car rides.
Other pluses about the Symphony LX are that it gives good head support for sleeping children, it is soft and comfortable and it’s seat fabric is machine washable.
The SureLatch system is rated as “Great” by most parents and users say it takes just minutes to install this car seat using the LATCH system.
Evenflo Symphony LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
The Evenflo Symphony LX convertible car seat also has a few minor negatives. Many parents complain that the car seat is way too bulky and takes up too much space in the back seat when in the rear facing position.
Others also complain that the SureLatch system is not great, and is in fact a real let down since it does not tighten secure enough in all cars.
The pros and cons of the SureLatch system seemed to be a bit of a debate among users posting reviews. A few others also mention that the Evenflo Symphony car seat is squeaky, the fabric feels cheap, and the cup holder that comes attached to the seat is well, “junk.”
Evenflo Symphony LX Convertible Car Seat Review:- Summary
Overall, the Evenflo Symphony convertible all-in-one car seat seems to be good value for money with mainly 4 and 5 star reviews from very satisfied parents.
Intermixed throughout these raves are a few, but very noticeable, 1 star reviews that warn users that the Symphony is the worst car seat ever made and the purchase of it should be avoided.
However, the vast majority of reviewers, (over 95%), seem very happy and content with this car seat and believe it is a great purchase.