Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat Review:-
Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat is one of the cheapest yet best rated convertible car seats.
The seat reclines to a rear-facing position to accommodate for children between 5 – 40 pounds, then switches to a forward-facing position to accommodate for children between 22 – 50 pounds.
Evenflo has a much wider range of convertible car seats as opposed to their infant car seats, their convertible car seats tend to rank well among consumers too, so this should give you more confidence in going for a cheaper option.
Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat review:- Features
Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat, Charcoal Sky
2 used from $68.39
- VERSATILE: The Sonus Convertible Car Seat helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 pounds, and forward facing toddlers from 22-50 pounds, extending the life and use of this full-featured car seat
- TESTED & TRUSTED: In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable federal safety standards, this car seat also passes Evenflo's comprehensive Side Impact and industry leading Rollover Test Standards
- ALL-SEASON COMFORT: The Sonus features a revolutionary air flow ventilation system that provides a temperature-regulated, comfortable traveling experience regardless of the season or your climate
- TRAVEL WITH FREEDOM: This restraint meets FAA Inversion requirements for airplane use allowing it to serve as a seat that can travel with you during family vacations or holidays around the world
- OTHER VALUABLE FEATURES: Up-front adjustment for easy access to harness, 5 shoulder strap positions for proper fit, removable pads for easy machine washing, 2 cup holders, and head pillow for support
- Energy-absorbing foam liner provides added safety and comfort.
- Side impact tested to meet Evenflo’s side impact standards.
- Temperature and safety tested to meet or exceed federal safety standards.
- Certified for use in aircraft.
- 5-point harness system to provide a safe and secure fit.
- Converts from rear-facing to forward-facing.
- It can be installed using the LATCH system for quick and easy installation.
- Lightweight car seat which can be convenient if moving from one car to another.
- Harness belt can be adjusted to 4 height positions.
- Crotch buckle can be adjusted to 2 positions.
- 5-point harness can be adjusted from the front, making it easier to get your child in and out.
- The head pillow provides comfort and support but can be removed.
- The car seat pad easily comes off and can be machine washed.
- Removable cup holder can be installed on the side of the car seat.
- It comes with 90 days manufacturer’s warranty.
- Child weight (rear facing): 5 – 40lbs
- Child weight (forward facing): 22 – 50lbs
- Child standing height (rear facing): Up to 37 inches
- Child standing height (forward facing): 28 – 40 inches
- Dimensions : 19W x 19H x 19D
- Weight: 12.6lbs
Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat Review:- Product Tour
Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features in Detail
Energy-absorbing foam is located in the shell of the car seat around the regions where your child will be the most vulnerable.
Rear-facing to forward-facing
It is recommended that your child should remain in a rear-facing car seat until they are 2 years old, the Evenflo Sonus convertible car seat has a weight limit of 50 pounds and height limit of 37 inches in the rear-facing position which will accommodate your child until they are 2 years old.
The forward-facing position also only has a weight limit of 50 pounds, so if you use this car seat in the rear-facing position until your child is 2 years old you won’t be able to switch to forward-facing after.
With this being said, you might want to consider an infant car seat that is rear-facing and smaller to provide a better and more secure fit.
No additional body inserts are provided for smaller babies, only the headrest which is another reason why an infant car seat may be more suitable.
4 harness positions
The 5-point harness seatbelt must fit properly otherwise it won’t do its job as well of keeping your child safe and secure.
Fortunately, the harness height can be adjusted to 4 positions to accommodate growth, the highest setting can’t be used in the rear-facing position, however.
The crotch buckle also has 2 positions to allow for growing room, the harness can also be tightened or loosened from the front.
Car seat pad easily comes off
Cleaning the upholstery can be difficult if it doesn’t come off, luckily the seat pad does come off easily and can be machine washed as well. This will eliminate any bad smells and will be a lot easier to clean as well.
Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat Review:- Conclusion:
Unlike infant car seats where you would carry using the handle, convertible car seats remain in the car therefore the weight of the car seat doesn’t tend to be an issue.
The Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat, however, is still very light for the best convertible car seat and would be handy if you were moving it from one car to another or if you had to take the car seat in the house to clean.
Pick and choose your child’s favorite color as there’s a wide choice to choose from, the good thing is the price doesn’t vary much either like with other products.
Although you can’t flaw Evenflo for how cheap this car seat is but the maximum weight and height limit is the same for both rear-facing and forward-facing positions.
So if you want to use this car seat in a rear-facing position up to the limit of 40 pounds, you won’t be able to switch to forward-facing after as the limit is also 50 pounds.
The Graco SlimFit and Britax Advocate ClickTight both can be used as rear-facing car seats and the front-facing position has a weight limit of 65 pounds.
Evenflo only offers 90 days warranty on this product whereas most of their competitors offer a 1-year warranty, which is perhaps one of the reasons why they can offer a more competitive price on this car seat.