Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:-
Britax car seats are known as some of the safest seats on the market and the Emblem 3 Stage combines the many technologically advanced safety features available in the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat with the size and lightweight conveniences of the Britax Advocate ClickTight Car Seat.
Britax may have finally made the perfect car seat!
A user favorite when buying a convertible car seat is the Britax Emblem.
The Britax Emblem comes equipped with all of the great safety features offered in all of the Britax car seats, considered some of the best seats on the market, but is compact enough to easily fit in the smallest of backseats.
- Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features
- Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat, Dash
- Recommended Products
- Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
- Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
- Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Conclusion
Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features
Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat, Dash
- Easy installation: Push button Latch connectors and built in lock offs make car seat installation a breeze
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 10 position harness (8.5 to 17.5 inches) with headrest grows along with your child
- Easy clean up: Remove the car seat cover without removing the harness
- Designed for safety: 2 Layers of side impact protection, steel frame, impact absorbing base, and forward movement reducing v shaped tether
- Fits: Rea facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; Dimensions: 26H x 18.5W x 21D inches; Shoulder Width: 13 inches
The Britax Emblem car seat can be used rear facing from 5 lbs-40 lbs and then converted to a forward facing seat from 20 lbs-65 lbs—perfect for the new recommendations suggesting that you keep your child rear facing for at least two years.
After your child reaches 65 lbs and is 49 inches in height, it is time to purchase a booster car seat.
The Emblem seat comes with Side Impact Protection (which distributes crash forces, shields the baby from vehicle intrusions (debris like flying glass caused by an accident) and contains the head, neck and body of the infant.
It also comes with a 5-point harness and is an ideal seat for compact cars.
After the baby reaches 65lbs and is 49in in height, it is time to purchase a booster seat.
The Emblem car seat, like the bulkier Britax Boulevard, comes with True Side Impact Protection (which distributes crash forces, shields the baby from vehicle intrusions (debris like flying glass caused by an accident), contains the head and body of the infant and keeps the head, neck and spine “in true” alignment to limit injury.
It also has an easy to adjust head rest and harness that does not require the removal of the seat from the car like many other car seats and you can adjust the harness height without having to rethread the harness straps.
Like the Britax Advocate Convertible car seat, the Emblem is designed to fit in compact cars.
Other features of the Emblem as taken from the Britax site are:
- SafeCell Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during the crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck, and body
- No Re-thread Harness Adjustment allows you to adjust the harness height without having to re-thread the harness straps
- Energy-Absorbing Base deforms in the event of a crash to absorb impact forces
- Plush, Premium Cover Set with matching belly pad provides extra comfort
- Front Harness Adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
- Small Contoured Base ensures a tight installation in all types of vehicles
- Convenient Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way while placing child in the car seat
- Built-in Lock-Off(s) secure the vehicle seat belt so that the child seat does not move more than one inch side- to-side or front-to-back at the belt path • Infant Body Pillow for infant positioning and a custom fit
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion the child
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner (EPS) absorbs and distributes crash forces
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- Premium, Push-Button Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick, simple, and tight installation
- Patented, Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether with staged-release tether webbing, anchors the top of the child seat at two points tominimize forward movement in a crash
- Five-Point Harness makes contact with the strongest parts of the body
- FAA approved and can be used as a safety seat for babies and children on airplanes.
- Tangle-free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- 55-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehiclefit
- Convenient Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way when placing your child in the car seat
- Weight: 19.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 19 Wx29.5Hx18.25D inches
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- Made in the USA with global components
Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
After reading through these many reviews I have summarized the main points given by the parent reviewers. Almost every parent makes a point of saying how simple the Britax Emblem car seat is to install and they all love the LATCH system.
You’d wonder how easy the Britax Emblem is to clean (wipe with wet rag or hand wash the material) and how comfortable their baby is sitting in the seat.
You’d find that the straps are easy to tighten and loosen and they love the Velcro on the straps that allow them to be attached to the sides of the seat while you put baby in and take baby out of the seat.
Many users also really compliment Britax’s customer service and say they are really polite and efficient.
You’d be thrilled that the Emblem is not bulky and love how it fits perfectly in compact cars and sedans without forcing the front passenger seat to move forward.
Parents are also very happy about the safety standard of the seat due to the side impact protection, steel frame and Britax’s reputation for high standards in car seat safety.
One reviewer even tells of a car accident her and her baby were in, which caused the car to flip over. She said her baby was perfectly fine after the accident and that the seat was a life saver for her baby.
I think perhaps one of the best comments I read in the reviews about the Britax Diplomat was from one woman who writes the Emblem has “all of the Britax safety features in a compact size.”
You’d love that the Emblem comes with all of the safety elements of the Boulevard, like the True Side Impact Protection (which protects both the head and body of the baby), and it is even more updated than the Britax Boulevard, but with the compact convenience of the Britax Emblem.
Like with the other Britax car seats, the Emblem is rated as easy to install and parents love the LATCH installation system which is as simple as clicking in a seatbelt!
Also, as with the other Britax seats, the straps on the Emblem do not get twisted and you do not need to rethread the harness to adjust the strap height.
Parents rate these items as great features and also love the side impact protected headwings that also help to prevent a child’s head from slumping during naps.
Britax Emblem car seat is well padded and very comfortable for babies and children, although it is not quite as roomy as the Britax Boulevard due to its lower maximum weight.
The seat comes with a removable infant insert that helps to fit babies as small as 5 lbs safely and the rear-facing 30 lb weight limit should hold most children rear facing for the new minimum 2-year requirement, even longer.
It’s fabric is easy to wipe down and clean, but do remind readers that it is not machine washable—but it can be removed for hand washing.
The Emblem is slightly bigger than the Roundabout but fits in most compact and sedan cars without a problem and is much less bulky and more lightweight than the Britax Boulevard car seat.
Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
There are very few negatives reviews for the Britax Emblem convertible car seat but a few parents are concerned that their child might outgrow the seat before the maximum weight limit.
Also, some parents are unhappy with Britax’s new design for the harness strap release and say it makes it difficult to adjust the straps—especially when compared to the old design. Lastly, installing this seat using a seatbelt rather than the Latch system can be a bit tricky.
However, most parents love the Britax Emblem car seat, say this seat has grown well with their baby and feel the Emblem is a great investment. No regrets.
The only real negative that users say about the Britax Emblem car seat is that children can only use it up to 40 lbs while with the Britax Boulevard children can remain in the car seat until they reached 65lbs. (or 70 lbs on the new Britax Boulevard 70).
However, other parents do comment that by the time most children reach 40 lbs you can switch to a booster car seat without a problem.
- Safe car seat and side impact protection
- Fits well in small, compact cars
- Long rear facing use
- Easy to use LATCH installation
- Easy To Adjust Straps
- Comfortable and padded seat
- May outgrow before the weight limit
- Straps not as easy to adjust.
- Seatbelt installation can be difficult
Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat Review:- Conclusion
I use this car seat with my daughter and have done so since I brought her home from the hospital.
I have probably the most compact of compact cars anyone could possibly buy and the Britax Emblem 3 stage , even in the rear-facing position, fits perfectly fine in the back of my car and does not affect the seat position of the front passenger seat.
I love that I am able to get all of the safety features of some of the larger and bulkier car seats in a seat that fits well in a compact car and my daughter has been very comfortable and happy in this seat.
I would definitely recommend the Britax Emblem 3 stage convertible car seat for parents looking for a safe car seat that won’t take up a lot of space.
Approaching my daughter’s second birthday and even though she is in the 94th percentile in weight, she still fits rear-facing without a problem! I love this car seat.
The straps are easy to adjust, and the button for releasing the 5-point harness is the easiest I have ever encountered. So far, this has been a great car seat.