Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Review:-
Britax has taken safety beyond the federal standards with the Britax Advocate ClickTight convertible car seat.
This does the job of both what an infant and toddler car seat would do.
With the advanced safety features and body inserts, you don’t need to worry about whether this car seat will be too big for a small baby.
The price is towards the high end but this is Britax’s best convertible car seat.
If you can understand how this car seat is different from most of its competitors the price may become less of an issue.
It’s also worth considering or comparing this against what our top infant car seats can offer as well.
Click Here To See How Consumers Rate The Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Review:- features:
Britax Advocate ClickTight Anti-Rebound Bar Convertible Car Seat, Kate
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 14 position harness with Click & Safe Snug Indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Anti Rebound Bar: Minimize forces by stabilizing the car seat when installed rear facing
- Surrounded in safety: 3 layers of side impact protection, quick adjust head protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; Dimensions: 23L x 20.5W x 23.5H inches
- SafeCell complete side impact protection MAX is the highest level of protection which Britax offers.
- SafeCell impact-absorbing base compresses to absorb crash forces.
- SafeCell impact stabilizing steel frame provides solid protection at the most vital points of the car seat.
- SafeCell impact-absorbing tether prevents the car seat from rotating upon impact.
- SafeCell impact-absorbing harness keeps the chest clip correctly positioned and absorbs crash forces.
- Certified for aircraft travel.
- 5-point harness and quickly adjust to 14 height settings.
- The buckle can adjust to 2 positions allowing a more secure fit.
- ClickTight installation system makes installing the car seat safe and simple.
- The car seat can still be installed using LATCH.
- Rear-facing position supports children between 5 – 40 pounds.
- The forward-facing position supports children between 20 – 65 pounds.
- 7 position recline to ensure correct angling when installing the car seat.
- The automatic level indicator guides to ensure the car seat is installed correctly.
- Plenty of padding to keep smaller children more safe and secure but can be removed to allow for growing room.
- EZ buckle system keeps buckles and straps out of the way when your child is in the seat.
- Cover can be easily removed for cleaning convenience.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Child weight (rear facing): 5 – 40lbs
- Child weight (forward facing): 20 – 65lbs
- Child standing height: Up to 49 inches
- Dimensions (inches): 20.5W x 23.5H x 23D
- Weight: 30.1lbs
Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Review :- Unboxing
Analysis of main features:
- SafeCell maximum protection
The SafeCell protection technology on this car seat offers the very best safety features that Britax offers. The safety features include:
- Side impact protection
Multiple layers of the side walls are lined with energy-absorbing foam to absorb more crash forces.
Energy management cushions are on either side, this is known as side-impact cushion technology and reduces side impact crash energy by 45%.
- Impact-absorbing base
The honeycomb structure of the energy-absorbing foam in the base compresses upon impact which significantly lowers the center of gravity.
It prevents your child from being thrown forward and coming into contact with the seat in front and other objects.
- Impact stabilizing steel frame
The integrated steel reinforces the connection to the vehicle itself and reduces the forward motion of your child upon impact.
- Impact-absorbing tether
This limits your child’s forward movement upon impact, the two-strap design slows forward movement as the stitching is designed to provide a staged release by giving away one at a time.
- Impact-absorbing harness
The harness has a patented chest design that manages crash energy and keeps the chest clip secure to prevent forward movement.
As you can see all the SafeCell features work together to absorb crash forces and prevent rotating which both reduces the potential damage done to your child.
- ClickTight installation system
Installing the car seat is made simple with ClickTight, it is as easy as buckling a seatbelt.
There are two slots to insert the seatbelt one would be used in the rear-facing position and the other in the forward-facing position, this system holds the car seat safely and securely.
- 14 position harness
The headrest can be easily adjusted to 14 positions to accommodate the height of your child.
It is really important that your child is secure and the headrest is in the right place as this headrest provides a layer of side impact protection as it is lined with energy-absorbing foam.
- Infant padding support
As with the headrest height which supports and keeps your child secure, there also needs to be enough padding, cushions or pillows to fill the space in the car seat.
As convertible car seats are designed to accommodate children heavier and bigger than what an infant car seat would, the convertible car seat is of course also going to be bigger.
Therefore smaller babies must be well supported so they sit securely in the car seat.
Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat Review:- Conclusion
Britax is well known for its safety and the Britax Advocate ClickTight convertible car seat is their best convertible car seat.
Our other top convertible car seats will struggle to compete with this car seat for safety, but its inevitability comes with a bigger price tag, making it among one of the more expensive convertible car seats.
You do pay for what you get with this car seat, the SafeCell protection technology as mentioned above offers superb unique safety features that would be worth having for any child.
Though it’s worth investing in a car seat that can last a while, it doesn’t last quite as long as the Diono Radian 3RXT Latch All-in-One Convertible Car Seat which has a big 10-year use.
The Britax Advocate ClickTight is also quite heavy, although weight doesn’t have anywhere near as much relevance as it would for infant car seats, you may have to occasionally take the car seat out or switch it between cars.
Graco My Ride 65 LX is quite similar to this car seat but it doesn’t have as much features especially on safety but it is about a third of the price.