(This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.)
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat Review
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio infant car seat is also available as a convertible car seat! The Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat can be used from infancy through toddlerhood and it converts from a rear-facing to a forward-facing car seat.
This convertible car seat also provides maximum safety for your child and comes with energy absorbing foam and adjustable Side Impact Protection.
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat, Licorice
- Made In Italy. Reversible-can be used rear facing for children 5 to 45 pound and forward facing for children 22 to 65 pound
- Side impact protection protects child's head, neck and spine, easily adjusts to 10 different positions, even with child in the seat, ensuring the best and safest fit
- Energy-absorbing foam, EPS throughout the seat protects child's head and torso from impact forces, a shock absorbing foam element device located below the shell crumples upon impact, reducing stress on child's neck and shoulders in the event of a crash
- Contoured steel back plate minimizes flexing and reduces forward movement, contoured base provides extra stability in any seating position
- Top tether hook increases stability in forward-facing mode and limits forward movement, adjustable latch connectors add stability and are easy to reposition for rear-facing or forward-facing installation
- Reversible Can be used rear facing for children 5 to 45 lbs. and forwrd facing for children 22 to 70 lbs.
- SIP Side Impact Protection protects child’s head, neck and spine. Easily adjusts to 10 different positions, even with child in the seat, ensuring the best and safest fit.
- EPS Energy-absorbing foam, Expanded Poly Styrene, in shell and head panel protects child’s head and torso from impact forces.
- SAFE A Shock Absorbing Foam Element device located below the shell crumples upon impact, reducing stress on child’s neck and shoulders in the event of a crash.
- Contoured Steel Back Plate Minimizes flexing and reduces forward movement.
- Quick-Release, Five-Point Safety Harness Made with a “cobblestone” webbing of extra-strong polyester thread; equipped with shoulder pads and chest clip.
- Contoured Base Provides extra stability in any seating position.
- Top Tether Hook Increases stability in forward-facing mode and limits forward movement.
- LATCH Adjustable LATCH connectors add stability and are easy to reposition for rear-facing and forward-facing installation.
- Fresco Jersey Performance Fabric Superior quality Fresco Jersey fabric found in head panel and removable cushion is easy to clean, breathable and absorbs moisture – keeping child cool and comfortable.
- Wide Padded Seat Includes a specially shaped, removable cushion for newborns to be used until the baby reaches 22 lbs.
- Made in Italy
Dimensions and Weight
- 26″ x 21.17″ x 18.66″ (h-w-d)
- 21 lb
Side Impact Protected Safety
The Primo Viaggio Convertible is made with the highest quality of materials, providing complete safety and peace of mind to parents of little ones.
It offers added safety features like adjustable Side Impact Protection (SIP), a Shock Absorbing Foam Element (SAFE) device and Expanded Poly Styrene (EPS) energy-absorbing foam.
Italian Style and Comfort
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible car seat was designed to provide the utmost in safety and fashion.
Parents will find the innovative Fresco Jersey performance fabric comfortably suits their little ones, as well as presents a chic and stylish look that will be a welcome addition to any vehicle.
Keep Your Child Rear Facing In The Car Seat Longer
The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends parents keep their children rear facing until they reach their second birthday, or they reach the maximum height or weight for their seat.
This convertible car seat allows a child to sit rear facing up to 45 lbs, as long as the child’s head is at least 1″ below the headrest edge. (Please note: Only the lower seven positions can be used in rear-facing mode.)
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat Review:- User Reviews
The Peg Perego Viaggio convertible car seat is a new comer in the car seat market place so it doesn’t yet have many reviews. However, from the few online reviews that are currently posted, the Peg Perego Viaggio convertible car seat has so far received a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
The removable infant insert is also very nice and makes the seat a great fit for babies 5 lbs and up and the fabric on the seat is stylish, and easy to clean.
The Peg Perego Viaggio convertible car seat is very simple to install when using the LATCH system and it is a synch to switch the car seat from the rear facing position to the forward facing position.
Although this convertible car seat has fantastic side impact protection, the seat’s sides are not raised too high, which makes it is super easy to put your child in and take your child out of this car seat.
Many of the reviewers say they chose the Peg Perego Viaggio convertible car seat due to Peg Perego’s reputation for safety and because of this car seat’s superior side impact protection.
You can even adjust the side impact protection to fit your child and this car seat allows your child to remain rear facing until 45 lbs and forward facing until 70 lbs.
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat Review:- Cons
So far the only negative for the Peg Perego Viaggio convertible car seat is the price. This convertible car seat is a slightly expensive car seat but when you think about what you get for your money it is really not that bad.
This car seat is an infant car seat, a rear facing car seat, and forward facing car seat all in one and it is the only car seat you will ever need for your child thanks to its 70 lb weight limit.
When your child outgrows this car seat you will probably only then only need to purchase a backless, belt positioning booster car seat. If you think about the car seat in this way then you can consider the Peg Perego Viaggio convertible car seat a very economical car seat choice.
This car seat is definitely worth a buy!