Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat Review
For a side impact tested, the technologically advanced and safe car seat that will fit your child from the first ride home from the hospital to the first ride to school, give the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Air convertible car seat a try!
The Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Air car seat is designed to provide the right fit thanks to its TinyFit system that keeps babies cozy and protected from 4-22 lbs.
Remove the TinyFit system to provide more rear-facing room for toddlers weighing from 14-40 lbs.
Then, turn this car seat around to comfortably fit children up to 85 lbs forward-facing. This is the only car seat you will ever need!
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat, Devoted Black
- This extra-comfortable, LATCH-equipped Maxi-Cosi car seat offers a first-class ride, rear-facing from 14 to 40 pounds and 22 to 85 pounds forward-facing.
- The five-point harness adjusts easily from the front of the seat and includes one-hand harness height and headrest adjustment for a precise fit.
- Your child rides safely with the innovative Fletch system for multi-directional energy Management and the revolutionary air Protect Advanced side-impact protection.
- Keep straps out of the way for easy boarding with the handy harness holders, and the flip away buckle won't get in the way while your child gets in and out.
- Easy to clean, The seat pad unsnaps and slips off the frame, ready to go into the washing machine and dryer.
- Expansive Weight Range
- 14-40 pounds rear-facing
- 22-85 pounds forward-facing
- FlexTech™ system for multi-directional energy management
- TinyFit™ system provides a superior fit for small occupants and allows more space for front-seat passengers
- Superior Fit: The right fit for tiny babies of 4 pounds to big kids of 70 pounds
- TinyFit™ System provides a superior fit for small occupants with low harness slots, short buckle length, and a more reclined interior rear-facing angle
- Space-saving design allows a more upright rear-facing installation providing additional space for adult occupants
- Perfect Fit Harness adjusts harness shoulder height from the front in one step with one hand
- Deep recline adjustment system for easier installation and occupant positioning
- Removable huggy insert and comfort pillows for an enjoyable ride
- 11 harness heights and 3 buckle locations for the ultimate in adjustability
- Superior Safety: Engineered and tested using next-generation methods to better protect your child
- Air Protect® side impact technology, immediately reduces impact forces to the head through the precise release of air
- FlexTech™ advanced construction system for multi-directional energy management
- Tested to next-generation criteria for side-impact, including vehicle intrusion
- 40-pound rear-facing, allows occupants to stay rear-facing longer
- One-Click LATCH system makes installation easier – with the push of a button
- Easy belt routing with large openings and guide systems
- Color-coded labels and instructions help make it easier to be safe
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat Safety
The Maxi Cosi Pria 85 convertible car seat is fitted with Air Protect advanced side impact protection and with FlexTech for multi-directional crash energy management.
The Pria is the next generation of crash testing technology!
Maxi Cosi Pria 70 Car Seat Installation
The Maxi Cosi Pria will accommodate children rear-facing from 14 lbs-40 lbs and forward-facing from 22 lbs-85 lbs and even though it holds children rear-facing until 40 lbs.
It needs less space in the rear-facing position than most other rear-facing car seats in its class and it won’t impede the legroom for front-seat passengers.
The seat is easily installed with OneClick LATCH connectors and also has a deep recline angle adjustment and color coded installation systems.
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat review:- Video
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat review:- Pros
The Maxi Cosi Pria 85 convertible car seat has received excellent ratings from the user at diapers.com, toysrus.com, and amazon.com.
Babies love this convertible car seat and are very comfortable riding in the Maxi Cosi Pria 85.
This car seat fits small infants well, has great head and neck padding, and has soft, easy to wipe clean fabric.
The padded air protect headrest provides fantastic side impact protection for babies in the event of a crash and it also helps to prop up your baby’s head during naps.
No slumping heads in this car seat! Although the Pria is a large car seat, it still fits in compact cars well and it won’t force the front passenger seat forward.
The seat feels really solid, sturdy and well made and users love that the seat can be used from 4-70 lbs.
“You’ll never need another car seat!” One user says there is “not one thing wrong with this car seat. I’d highly recommend it!”
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat review:- Cons
A few users find the seat difficult to install, but do say that once installed it feels very tight and secure.
A couple of users think the harness is difficult to adjust, but most users say the harness is easy to use so this is not a universal complaint.
One or two users dislike that the air protects headrest makes viewing out the window a bit difficult for some babies, but most users do not find this to be a problem and anyway, this is a major safety feature that is worth having, even if it minimizes the window view.
- Fits small babies well thanks to infant insert
- Easy to wipe clean fabric
- Side impact protected and air protect head wings
- No slumping head during naps
- High Quality Seat
- Hard to install (but once installed it is stable and secure
- Air protect head wings can block view out the window for younger infants–but not everyone agrees that this is so.
Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat Review:- Summary
Overall, this car seat has so far received great reviews and may soon become a new convertible car seat favorite.