Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Review:-
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2: Introducing the next generation of the award-winning Baby Jogger City Mini, now with all-terrain capabilities and deluxe standard features.
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 stroller is still lightweight and compact as the original City Mini, but it can now easy glide over the bumpiest city sidewalks and roughest off-road terrain.
This stroller can do it all!
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 2019 vs. Baby Jogger City Mini 2016
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Review:- Features
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller - 2019 | Baby Stroller with All-Terrain Tires | Quick Fold Lightweight Stroller
- Recommended Products
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Review:- User Reviews
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Review:- Conclusion
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 2019 vs. Baby Jogger City Mini 2016
How does the new Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 2019 stroller differ from the new Baby Jogger City Mini 2016?
- GT has 8.5” quick-release forever-air wheels with sealed ball bearings vs. the City Mini 8″ lightweight, quick-release EVA wheels with sealed ball bearings (meaning GT2 is an all-terrain stroller where the City Mini original is not)
- GT has an adjustable handlebar vs. the City Mini non-adjustable rounded handlebar
- GT has a 65 lb. weight capacity vs. the City Mini 50 lb. weight capacity
- GT has a hand brake vs. the City Mini rear foot brake
- GT has an adjustable push handle
- Both strollers have an automatic lock when folded (the Baby Jogger City Mini 2011 stroller does not)
- GT weighs 22.5 lbs and the City Mini weighs 22.49 lbs
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Review:- Features
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller - 2019 | Baby Stroller with All-Terrain Tires | Quick Fold Lightweight Stroller
2 used from $320.15
- SAFE AND SNUG: Stroller seat holds a child up to 65 pounds and includes a 5 point stroller harness to keep your child safely secured
- UNCOMPROMISED AGILITY: Stroller has forever air rubber tires with all wheel suspension, providing uncompromised agility on any terrain
- ONE HAND FOLD: Lift a strap with one hand and the City Mini GT2 stroller folds itself simply and compactly
- CREATE A TRAVEL SYSTEM: Add a City GO Infant Car Seat using the included City GO infant car seat adapters (car seat sold separately) and go anywhere from day one
- COMFORTABLE FOR PARENTS: Adjustable handlebar and hand operated parking brake provides comfortable steering and control all within arm's reach
- Patented Quick-Fold Technology – allows you to fold your stroller in one simple step
- Swivel front wheel for quick and agile maneuverability can lock into place for long-distance strolling
- 8.5″ quick-release forever-air wheels with sealed ball bearings
- Plush padded seat reclines to a near flat position with vented seat top and weather cover
- Accessory mounting bracket – accessorize your stroller with ease
- Large multi-position sun canopy with clear view windows
- Adjustable handlebar for users of all heights
- Front-wheel suspension
- Seatback storage compartment
- Easy to access under seat storage basket
- Adjustable five-point safety harness with shoulder pads & buckle cover
- Hand-operated parking brake
- Washable seat fabric
- Removable auto-lock to keep stroller folded
- 65 lb. weight capacity on stroller
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Accessories (Sold Separately)
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Car Seat Adaptor (multi):- Fits with car seats from Peg Perego, Maxi Cosi, Graco and Evenflo.
- City Mini & Mini GT2 Car Seat Adaptor (Chicco): – Designed for Chicco brand infant car seats only. Car seat adaptor for double stroller holds one car seat only and only one adapter can be placed on the stroller.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Rain and Wind Canopy: – This rain and wind canopy will not fog and is made from a BPA and PVC free material.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Compact Pram: – sleek design, plush padding, adjustable sun canopy, bassinet apron to cover baby’s legs and carrying handles to easily transport baby to and from the stroller.
- Weight capacity of up to 25 lbs. When used on the 2011 & 2012 City Mini and Mini GT2 Double strollers, either one or two Compact Prams can be used.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Bassinet: – with plush padding and an adjustable sun canopy. Purchase includes car seat adapter. Compatible with single strollers only. Weight capacity up to 25 lbs.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Belly Bar: – soft and padded and can be adjusted with the push of a button to suit the height of your child.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Belly Bar Console: – attaches to the single or double belly bar and gives great storage for your child’s snacks and toys. For a double belly bar, you may want to purchase two consoles.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Child Tray: – Features baby cup holder and has a durable, easy to clean surface.
- Child tray for the double stroller requires the use of a double belly bar (sold separately). Child tray for the double stroller comes with one tray in the box.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Glider Board: –The glider board attaches to the rear axle of your single or double Baby Jogger stroller to allow an older child to ride along.
- The Glider Board is distance adjustable from the stroller to accommodate taller children, features a non-slip surface and conveniently stows out of the parent’s way when not in use. Holds up to 45 lbs.
- City Mini & City Mini GT2 Carry Bag: – Allows you to carry or store your stroller and has specialized storage compartments for your wheels, durable fabric and a sturdy carry strap.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Review:- User Reviews
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 stroller has received a rating from users at amazon.com, toysrus.com and diapers.com.
Users love their Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 purchase and believe this stroller is the perfect compromise between the lightweight, indoor use original Baby Jogger City Mini stroller and the heavier and bulkier all-terrain Baby Jogger Elite.
The City Mini GT2 gives you the best of both worlds with all-terrain tires that can glide over dirt, grass, gravel, sand, snow, and bumpy sidewalks and the lightweight, compactness the City Mini stroller is known for.
Reviewers are thrilled with how effortlessly they can push and maneuver the GT2 and say they have no problem pushing this stroller with only one hand.
Of course another favorite feature of the GT2, like with all Baby Jogger strollers, is the one hand, one second fold. This is a real selling feature for Baby Jogger strollers.
Although the GT2 weighs 4 lbs more than the Baby Jogger City Mini original stroller, (20 lbs vs. 16 lbs) users say they can still fold and carry the stroller with one hand while carrying their baby with the other hand.
The stroller has an automatic lock when folded and is very compact–you’ll have no problem fitting it in the trunk of a compact car and still have room to spare.
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 stroller has an adjustable push handle, a super large sun canopy with 2 peek-a-boo windows, a fully flat reclining stroller seat, a large, accessible storage basket, and it can hold children up to 65 lbs.
While Baby Jogger does not recommend it, users say the stroller won’t tip if you hang your diaper bag from the handle bars.
Users are thrilled with their GT2 purchase and love taking walks with this best jogging stroller. City users and country adventurers should definitely consider this stroller!
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Negatives
The City Mini GT2 stroller is still a relatively new stroller release and therefore has not yet worked out all of its kinks.
Unfortunately, several users complain of faulty front wheels on their GT2 stroller and say that after a little use, the locking mechanism on the front wheel will brake and cause the wheel to suddenly lock up on its own.
However, all the users who mention this complaint do say that Baby Jogger customer service will immediately send a replacement wheel–and not all users have this problem.
But, I did hear this complaint from enough reviewers to know that it is not a one stroller broken wheel fluke.
A couple of users also warn that when the stroller is fully reclined with a heavier toddler in the seat, it can tip backward if there is any shift in balance in the stroller.
This is something to be aware of if you have an older toddler who likes to nap in the stroller.
Users would also love if on future models of the GT2 Baby Jogger would switch the Velcro closures for the peek-a-boo windows to magnetic closures. This will make viewing a sleeping baby a much quieter undertaking.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller Review:- Conclusion
Overall though, the Baby Jogger GT2 has received very high rankings from online reviewers and almost all reviewers (even those who initially had to deal with the faulty wheel problem) would whole heartily recommend this stroller. Worth a buy!