(This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.)
Graco SlimFit All-In-One Car Seat Review
The Graco Signature Series SlimFit Seat All-in-One car seat is a first of its kind in the convertible car seat world as it comes with a stay-in-car base (like infant car seats have) that allows you to conveniently move the car seat from car to car without having to re-install the seat each time.
And with a weight capacity of 5 lbs-100 lbs, the side impacted tested steel-reinforced base and frame, the one-hand height adjustable head rest with no-thread harness and on-the-go recline so you can recline your child without having to re-install the car seat, this is the only car seat you will ever need, or want to own, for your child!
- Safe and Sturdy Car Seat—Side Impacted Tested
- Can Easily Move the Car Seat from Car to Car thanks to the stay in place car seat base—just like an infant car seat! No need to own more than one car seat even if you own more than one car!
- Easy Seat Recline
- Hard To Install—Difficult Latch System
- Very Large Car Seat When In The Rear Facing Position
- Difficult Harness Buckle To Open And Close
Graco SlimFit Car Seat Features
- Rear-facing in a harness from 5-40 lbs, forward facing in a harness from 22-65 lbs. then as a belt-positioning booster from 30-100 lbs.
- SafeSeat Engineering – Engineered & Crash Tested to Meet or Exceed US Standard FMVS213:
- Side Impact Tested* (*In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the SlimFit ™ car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention with the built-in 5 point harness system and with a standard vehicle harness system when in high back booster mode. Please consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for more specific information on the performance of your vehicle’s safety belt system.)
- New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) – peak crash force approximately 2X Car Seat StandardExtreme Car Interior Temperatures
- Convenient, stay-in-car base with belt lock off for one time install (LATCH equipped)
- Steel-reinforced frame & car seat base provides strength and durability
- Locking indicators on seat & stay in car base to help ensure proper installation
- Integrated harness storage compartment holds the harness straps that are not in use while in the belt positioning booster mode
- Easy-to-read level indicator on the seat, helps eliminate installation guesswork
- No Re-thread harness for quick & easy harness adjustment
- One-hand, 6 position adjustable head rest for your growing child
- On-the go, 5-position recline so you can recline child while in use
- EPS, energy absorbing foam liner
- Flip-up armrests makes it easy for child to get in & out of car seat
- Child’s roting cup holders keeps child’s drink close by
- Weight: 19.69 lbs
- Dimensions: 26.81″ W x 19.88″ D x 22.36″ H
- Machine-washable seat cushion
- Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and water.
- Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Harness straps may be spot cleaned
- Rear-facing in harness 5-40 lbs.
- Forward facing in a harness from 22-65 lbs
- Belt-positioning booster from 30-100 lbs.
Graco SlimFit Seat All-In-One Car Seat User Reviews
The Graco SlimFit Seat has received a rating of 4.25 out of 5 stars from users at toysrus.com.
Users say the Graco SlimFit All-In-One Convertible Car Seat is “worth every single penny” as it is a sturdy and safe seat and is the one and only car seat you will ever need to buy for your child.
This car seat can accommodate your baby from birth to childhood and will save you a fortune since you won’t have to purchase a separate infant car seat, convertible car seat and booster car seat.
Graco SlimFit All-In-One Car Seat Review: Pros
Parents love the Graco SlimFit because babies can sit rear facing up to 40 lbs—perfect for the new 2 year rear facing recommendation. The seat is also very easy to adjust thanks to the no-rethread harness, and users are very pleased with the multiple recline positions for the seat when in the rear facing position.
Babies seem super comfortable and fall asleep easily while riding in the SafeSeat. Although the car seat is a bit heavy, it’s a forgivable feature since it’s caused by the steel bar in the seat frame that makes the seat super safe for your baby.
The SafeSeat has comfortable seat padding and lots of room for larger children and the cup holder is super sturdy. The seat provides lots of leg room and you won’t have to worry about your child kicking the rear passenger seats when the car seat is rear facing.
One of the biggest pluses for this car seat is that you can switch it from car to car thanks to the stay in place base. You don’t need to buy a separate car seat for each car. This, plus the 5-100 lb weight limit, makes this car seat very economical.
Just buy an extra car seat base for any car you may want to use the SafeSeat in. Install the car seat base in that car and leave it in place. The car seat can then be moved from car to car and just clicked into this car seat base–very simple and easy to do.
However, although this feature is like that on an infant car seat, this car seat should not be used like an infant car seat. It is not designed to be carried with your baby inside the seat. You must remove your baby from the seat before moving the car seat from base to base.
Graco SlimFit All-In-One Car Seat Review: Cons
One of the main complaints for the Graco SafeSeat All-In-One car seat is that it is very difficult to install the stay in place base and many users have declared the LATCH buckles on this car seat to be some of the worst ever.
Several users say putting this car seat base in their car was an “installation nightmare” because the base anchor latch is just too short which makes it very difficult to connect to the LATCH receivers in the car.
The other major complaint for this car seat is its size. Users say this is a “monster seat rear-facing” and will not fit well in many smaller cars.
Minor complaints include the fact that it is not as easy to slide this car seat into the stay in place base as it is with similar infant car seats, the lack of head support when the child is sleeping which causes sleeping heads to fall forward, and the lack of lower back support on the seat.
Some users also say the harness straps twist easily and the harness buckle is hard to use. Users also wish the seat came with removable fabric for machine washing (it’s currently a wipe clean only fabric) and they wish the car was FAA approved for air travel.