Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review
For an Italian made, extremely safe, side-impact protected, the high-quality infant car seat that can accommodate an infant from 5-30 lbs, check out the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP infant car seat.
When it comes to the safety of their child, many parents want the best product they can get to ensure their child’s protection.
A car seat can play a big difference in the security of your child.
The Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic has met or exceeded all NHTSA standards and is easy to install with or without the base, using either latch connectors or a vehicle’s safety belts making it a good choice for a child’s car seat.
The Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic also has an enhanced seat frame for better strength and durability it offers a lot of advantages to other children’s car seats.
It is at the top of the line for having advanced qualities that separate it from other car seats.
It can be separated from its base it makes us a great carrier for when your child falls asleep in it so you can just carry him/her wherever without the fuss of waking them up.
Also, check out reviews for the very popular Graco SlimFit 3 In 1 and the Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat.
- Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Features
- Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Video
- Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Pros
- Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Cons
- Recommended Products
- Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Pros & Cons
- Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Summary
Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Features
Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic, Licorice
- Made In Italy. Can be used rear facing for children 5 to 45 pounds and forward facing for children 22 to 65 pounds
- SIP adjusts to 10 different height positions, even with child in seat. Kinetic pods help to move forces away from your baby in case of a side collision. Energy absorbing foam, EPS, in shell. EPP in the head panel protects child's body from impact forces.
- The Anti-Rebound bar protects baby by minimizing forces and reducing rotation in case of a front or rear collision. The ARB is integrated and stow able. The ARB spacer allows for extended rear-facing use by increasing your child's leg room by 2 inches.
- Easy tight latch system offers ease of use and installation
- Tri-Stage cushion system is included for comfort and support of a newborn's neck and bottom. As your child grows, cushions can be sequentially removed to keep baby properly positioned.
- Travel System compatible — the perfect complement to a Peg Perego stroller.
- Exceeds the most stringent Side Impact Protection test in the world.
- Adjustable Side Impact Protection is easy to adjust in 5 vertical positions.
- Headrest and padding made of soft “Confort dry” microfiber cloth that stays comfortably dry and allows proper ventilation.
- Includes a secure Latch system base (additional bases sold separately).
- Quick-release 5–point safety harness with shoulder pads and fail-safe buckle.
- Includes a special removable cushion for newborns.
- Adjustable handle with rubber grip for ease and use.
- Two ways to fasten to the car: with the vehicle seat belt or with Latch System Base.
- Use with or without the LATCH base system
- The adjustable hood protects baby from the sun and elements during transport.
- Indicator level shows correct installation angle.
- Variety of upholstery choices to match your Peg Perego stroller.
- Certified for use in automobiles or aircraft.
Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Video
Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Pros
The Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic car seat has received a rating of 4 out of 5 stars from users at amazon.com and toysrus.com.
Many users love this best convertible car seat saying it is well made, extremely comfortable for baby, and easy to take apart and wash.
Top on the list for satisfied reviewers is the high safety rating for the Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic car seat.
This seat is ranked as one of the world’s safest infant car seats and this high safety rating alone leaves many users feeling that this infant car seat is well worth the cost.
And, unlike many other infant car seats, the Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic comes with side impact protection-an extra feature to keep your baby ultra-safe.
Users say the seat harness is easy to adjust, the straps don’t twist, the seat is easy to install using the latch system.
The car seat is easy to pop in and out of the car seat base and it fits great with all Peg Perego strollers if you want to create a travel system.
The seat fits small and premature babies great thanks to the infant insert and you can remove the infant insert when needed to allow a growing baby more room.
The seat is well cushioned and many reviewers say their baby always falls asleep when riding in the Viaggio infant car seat.
The Peg Perego infant car seat allows infants to ride rear-facing until 45 lbs, giving this seat a riding capacity of 8 lbs beyond many other infant car seats and parents don’t complain that their child outgrows this seat prematurely like with other infant car seats.
Other car seats with high infant weight limits are the Chicco KeyFit30, Britax Chaperone, Graco SnugRide30 and the Graco SnugRide 35.
Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Cons
On the downside, many, many users complain about how heavy the Peg Perego Viaggio infant car seat is.
They say that although their baby can ride in the seat until 45 lbs, they will not be able to carry their baby in the seat for that long.
This is a major minus for many users and is the main cause for the ranking of this seat to not be a solid 5 stars.
However, one user does point out that you shouldn’t need to carry the car seat all that much—move the car seat from the car to the stroller, or from the car for a short walk into the house.
The heaviness shouldn’t be too big a deal.
The other major negative for the Primo Viaggio Kinetic car seat is the seat fabric.
Although users say it is soft and easy to clean, some users complain that it is not very breathable and this can get uncomfortable for baby—especially in warm weather.
A few users also say the straps often get twisted, the seat is difficult to remove from its base, and the seat is hard to install. Another negative for the seat is its expensive price tag.
Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Pros & Cons
- High safety ratings and side impact protection
- Comfortable seat and easy to clean fabric
- Fits large and small infants well
- Can be used as travel system with many brands of strollers
- Straps don’t twist
- Fabric not breathable
Primo Viaggio Convertible Kinetic Review:- Summary
Overall, most users love this car seat due to its high safety rating and ease of use. They also love the extended use they get from this seat since it accommodates babies up to 45lbs.
However, the heavyweight of the seat, as well as the non-breathable fabric, are major drawbacks for many users and these are things to think about before purchasing this or any infant car seat.
But, if safety and baby’s comfort are your number one concerns then this is the car seat for you.