The UPPAbaby Cruz is the slimmer and lighter sister of the popular UPPAbaby Vista stroller and provides you with a compact stroller solution without compromising on the features of a full-size stroller.
Finally a stroller that allows you to have your cake and eat it too!
The UPPAbaby Cruz is the stroller solution for parents who want all of the bells and whistles found on expensive and bulky full size strollers but who have compact trunks, ride public transportation, live in crowded areas, or who need to carry their stroller up and down stairs.
The Cruz will grow with your child from birth through the toddler years and is a fantastic stroller option for parents who want and need it all, including style, without settling for a bulky and overweight stroller.
Also consider the Valco Baby Zee stroller!
UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller Review:- Features
2018 UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller- Gregory (Blue Melange/Silver/Saddle Leather)
3 used from $397.20
- This stroller is suitable for children from birth (with optional Infant SnugSeat accessory) until the child height is approximately aorund 40 inches (101 centimeter).
- Includes toddler seat, rain shield & bug shield-Full size front and rear facing toddler seat-180-degree recline with one hand
- Adjustable canopy with peek-a-boo window-Extendable UPF 50+ sunshade
- Bumper bar with neoprene or leather cover in select fashions-One-hand, adjustable handlebar with leather cover in select fashions
- Combines aluminum with magnesium for optimal lightweight, durable performance-Shock-absorbing front & rear suspension- One-step fold, with or without seat attached-Large, easy-access basket holds up to 30lbs.
- Suitable for children up to 50 lbs
- Full-size reversible seat
- One-handed, 180˚ recline and seat will sit completely upright
- Infant car seat compatible—just attach the car seat directly to the stroller frame. MESA SMART Secure system installs in seconds •MESA attaches to CRUZ – no adapters needed.
- Suitable from birth with Infant SnugSeat accessory
- Easy one-step fold—with or without seat attached
- Telescoping handlebar
- Large canopy with extendable SPF 50+ sunshade
- Adjustable canopy to accommodate taller children
- Compact design allows for easy maneuvering through tight doorways
- Rubber covered foam tires with 4-wheel suspension for a smooth ride over bumpy terrain
- Large basket — 2.7 cubic ft.
- Stroller Weight: 22 lbs
- Width: 22 inches wide
How Does the UPPAbaby Cruz Differ from the UPPAbaby Vista?
- The UPPAbaby Cruz is a more compact version of the VISTA. The Cruz has the same size seat as Vista but the stroller frame is narrower: 22” wide verses 26” inches on the Vista.
- The Cruz has smaller wheels than the VISTA but still sports suspension for a bit of off-roading.
- The Cruz won’t take a bassinet but will accept an infant car seat directly on the stroller frame to create a lightweight travel system. A newborn can also lie in the flat, fully reclined stroller seat with an UPPAbaby Snugseat.
- Many parents prefer not needing to attach a separate bassinet, or store a separate bassinet and like that the stroller seat on the Cruz can serve as a makeshift bassinet.
- This also makes it very easy to fold the stroller since you do not have to remove the seat or the seat “bassinet” in order to fold the stroller. Everything can be folded and stored as one piece.
- The Cruz does not take a second seat. This is not a single to double stroller like the Vista, but the Cruz is compatible with the UPPAbaby hitch hiker board.
- The UPPAbaby Cruz is 3 lbs lighter than the Vista.
UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller Review:- Pros
The UPPAbaby Cruz stroller has received a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
The users who have posted reviews for the UPPAbaby Cruz stroller are really pleased with their purchase and find the Cruz the perfect compromise between a lightweight stroller and an all-equipped, overly wide and heavy standard size stroller.
While the Cruz still falls in the standard size stroller category, it only weighs 22 lbs and is only 22” wide.
However, its rubber coated, foam filled tires and 4-wheel suspension offer a smooth ride, even over bumps, grass, and gravel, and the huge basket on this stroller can hold more than the baskets on many of the larger strollers in its class.
You’ll have no problem fitting your large diaper bag and then some in this stroller basket!
Most users feel the Cruz stroller is very lightweight for a full size stroller and say it is easy to fold, and easy to carry while folded and lift into the trunk of the car.
Everyone is thrilled with the reversible stroller seat that allows their baby to face them or face the world and users report that reversing the seat is very simple—even easier than on the Vista.
The seat has 5 recline positions, including completely upright and fully flat—exactly the way a stroller seat should be designed.
I don’t know why so many stroller designers neglect to include a fully upright stroller seat!
The stroller is also easy to push and steer and the canopy offers great sun protection including an expendable sun visor with UV protection.
UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller Review:- Cons
A few reviewers do say the new UPPAbaby Cruz stroller has one design flaw—something they hope UPPAbaby will correct soon but not something they would consider a deal breaker because they still love this stroller and are thrilled with their purchase.
However, apparently the buttons to adjust the telescopic push handle jam/break making it impossible to use them to adjust the handle.
You can still adjust the handle manually, but not with the built-in, easy to use push buttons.
One user did report that she notified UPPAbaby about this issue and they offered to send her a new stroller frame, free of charge.
She says they have great customer service.
Update: Over a year after the release of this stroller I am still seeing this complaint. Most reviewers do not have this problem, but a small number still do.
Several users also report that the straps on the stroller harness do not tighten tight enough and it is impossible to secure young babies in this stroller. (But, these straps should leave a lot of room for older children to grow into.)
A few other minor complaints are that the stroller’s brakes are not flip flop friendly—you have to put your foot under the brakes and lift up to release the brakes and the lock for when the stroller is folded can come undone.
Some users also find the stroller too heavy and a few users say the unfolding method for this stroller is too cumbersome and should be easier on this class of stroller.
These users recommend checking out the Baby Jogger City Mini. Also, users wish UPPAbaby included some stroller accessories with stroller to help compensate for the expensive price tag for the Cruz.
UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller Review:- Summary
Overall, the UPPAbaby Cruz has received rave reviews. I do hope though that the few design flaws on the stroller will be worked out as UPPAbaby continues production.
However, even with the telescopic handle problem, reviewers still believe this stroller is a great purchase and is worth every penny.
For anyone looking for all of the fantastic features found on heavy and bulky strollers like a reversible stroller seat, a reclining stroller seat, and a huge storage basket, then check out the UPPAbaby Cruz stroller.