Maxi-Cosi Mico AP Infant Car Seat Review
The Maxi-Cosi Mico AP infant car seat not only has a wide range of colors to choose from, but it also has a unique seat pad design which allows removal within seconds.
This is designed to make cleaning the seat fabric so much easier, as it’s also machine washable.
The Mico AP was once the “lightest premium infant car seat” but there are now other infant car seats that are lighter, such as the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 plus many other Graco infant car seats.
Despite not being the lightest the Mico AP still offers supreme comfort as it’s padded out with premium fabric.
Maxi-Cosi Mico AP Infant Car Seat Review:- Features
Maxi-Cosi Mico AP Infant Car Seat, Bohemian Red, 0-12 Months
- Lightest premium infant car seat available
- Superior side impact protection with air protect technology
- Premium fabrics and padding for a comfy ride and flip-out visor on canopy for extra protection when needed
- Easiest to clean: machine washable and dryer safe fabric
- Side impact protection with air protect technology.
- Padded 5-point harness seatbelt to keep your baby safe and secure.
- Compatible with Maxi-Cosi and Quinny strollers.
- LATCH connectors with adjustable base for easier installation.
- Premium fabric to provide nice and comfortable padding.
- Includes Cozi Dozi which is padding used to support smaller babies, this gives a more safe and secure fit.
- Seat pad can easily be removed to be cleaned or machine washed.
- Removable multi-position canopy includes a flip out visor which provides extra protection from sunlight.
- Comfortable adjustable carry handle.
- Stand alone Maxi-Cosi base can be purchased for convenience.
- Comes with 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Child weight: 5 – 22lbs
- Child standing height: Up to 29 inches
- Dimensions – Handle up (inches): 17.5W x 28.5H x 25.5D
- Weight – Car seat only: 8.6lbs
- Weight – Base only: 6lbs
- Weight – Combined: 14.6lbs
Maxi-Cosi Mico AP Infant Car Seat Review:- Analysis
Air protect technology
This is designed to protect your child from side impact crash forces, the patented cushion system provides extra protection around your baby’s head as this is the most vulnerable point.
This feature is unique to Maxi-Cosi car seats as other infant car seats on the market doesn’t offer this technology.
The two types of strollers which are compatible with the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP infant car seat are Maxi-Cosi strollers and Quinny strollers.
There’s not much choice when it comes to choosing a Maxi-Cosi stroller, the ones available may be satisfactory but it’s good to have more options.
There is slightly more options in regards to Quinny strollers however it is a lot more expensive than pretty much all other stroller brands.
They do offer lifetime warranty on their strollers if you register online within 3 months of purchasing one.
The Quinny strollers tend to have a maximum weight allowance of 50 pounds so you would still get use out of it once your child grows out of their Mico AP.
Adapters are included for both types of types of strollers so there’s no need to purchase separate adapters.
The car seat is well padded out with high quality premium fabric, this will provide a much more comfortable ride for your child.
The fabric is also self-wicking that deodorizes and draws liquids away from the skin to help keep your baby dry and protected.
Removable seat cover
The ability to easily remove the seat cover makes cleaning spills and vomit so much easier, you can just put the seat cover straight in the washing machine.
Maxi-Cosi Mico AP Infant Car Seat Review:- Conclusion
We feel having a choice of colors to make a car seat look appealing is also important, if there was a top of the range car seat but it only come in one horrible color, would you buy it? I doubt it.
Although the manufacturers has mentioned this is still currently the lightest premium infant car seat unfortunately it isn’t even in our top 5 lightest infant car seats,
it’s still a highly rated infant car seat but just not for being lightweight.
Having air protect technology as mentioned in the list of main features is obviously a safety measure which is good to have, but we still feel the Britax B-Safe 35 has the edge on safety as it has energy absorbing foam in the shell of the car seat and base.
Your child is probably going to last no longer than 12 months in this car seat due to the maximum weight and height.
The asking price we feel is quite expensive due to the time of use you’ll get out of it. Check out our top 10 infant car seats to see what car seats will give longer use.