Competing with other car seat manufacturer giants such as Britax and Graco is the Evenflo LiteMax 35 infant car seat, the lightweight design and competitive price of this car seat has established its position as one of our best lightest infant car seats.
Evenflo does have over 85 years experience in the development of innovative infant equipment, but this is more evident when it comes to convertible car seats.
Although their infant car seat products are very limited, the brand name should still give you enough confidence to trust them.
Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat Review:- Features
Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat, Easy to Install, Versatile & Convenient, Meets or Exceeds All Federal Safety Standards, Machine-Washable Pads, Full-Coverage Canopy, Riverstone Gray
- EVENFLO LIGHTWEIGHT CAR SEAT: The Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat is an easy-to-install and professionally designed infant carrier. It has been engineered and tested to meet or exceed all federal safety standards.
- EASY TO INSTALL: The LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat is built with a simple-to-install base with a 2-step vehicle belt lock-off, allowing for secure and fast installation. It also offers 4 reclining options to optimize comfort.
- VERSATILE & CONVENIENT: Our new baby car seat includes a stay-in-car convenience base that makes things simple for parents. It's a rear-facing infant car seat that fits newborns and babies from 4 to 35 pounds and 17 to 32 inches tall.
- PARENT-FRIENDLY FEATURES: Evenflo's baby seats include buckle pockets that tuck buckle tongues away for easier to load and unload, removable body and head pillows for improved comfort, machine-washable pads for simple cleanup and more.
- TRUSTED FOR NEARLY 100 YEARS: Evenflo has been a trusted source of quality-built child-safety systems for almost 100 years. The real-life design of each of our products has been engineered for everyday use.
- Energy absorbing foam liner to help absorb crash forces.
- Meets or exceeds all federal safety standards.
- Side impact tested to Evenflo’s standards.
- Tested for product integrity at both high and low temperatures.
- 5-point harness which is adjustable from the front for easy access.
- Lightweight design causing less stress on the body when carrying it around.
- Compatible with Evenflo JourneyLite stroller.
- Option of using LATCH to connect your car seat.
- Ergonomic handle can be adjusted to 5 positions.
- Head pillow accommodates for smaller babies and can be removed to allow for more room.
- Car seat pad easily comes off and can be machine washed.
- Adjustable base with level indicator to ensure correct recline angle.
- Rotatable canopy to shield from weather conditions.
- Can be installed without the base.
- Conveniently able to purchase an additional car seat base.
- Comes with 90 days manufacturer’s warranty.
- Child weight: 4 – 35lbs
- Child standing height: Up to 30 inches
- Dimensions – Handle up (inches): 18.3W x 17.8H x 30D
- Weight – Combined: 16lbs
Analysis of main features
Multi position ergonomic handle
The handle of the Evenflo LiteMax 35 is not only designed to be soft and easy to carry but it can be positioned all the way forward which acts as an anti-rebound bar.
This position will be used whilst your baby is travelling in the vehicle, an anti-rebound bar is used to stabilize the car seat in the event of a collision.
Use with Evenflo JouneyLite stroller
The fact that there’s only one stroller compatible with the Evenflo LiteMax 35 infant car seat can be seen as a bit of a downfall, but the fact that the stroller is cheap is definitely a plus.
When the two are purchased together it even works out to be cheaper than some infant car seats such as the Chicco Keyfit 30.
The stroller can still continue to be used once your baby outgrows the car seat as it’s suitable for children up to 50 pounds.
Can be installed without a base
The car seat should only be installed with the base as a last resort, but this is a useful and convenient feature to have. If there was an emergency and your baby had to travel in a different vehicle without the base then this can be very handy.
Machine washable car seat pad
Cleaning up after your baby has never been easier, the car seat pad easily comes off and can be put in the washing machine. This ensures the car seat pad is properly cleaned and will eliminate any remaining dirt and odour.
Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat Review :- Summary
Despite being very competitively priced the Evenflo LiteMax 35 infant car seat does have some negatives when compared to the best infant car seats.
Firstly the warranty Evenflo provide is only 90 days, whereas other manufacturers such as Brixtax, Graco, Chicco all provide a 1 year warranty.
The headrest does provide extra support but it’s not like the Ingenuity InTrust 35 Pro where a full body insert is provided, this gives much more support for smaller babies.
If the Embrace LX had a smaller frame and accommodated for babies up to 22 pounds only then it probably wouldn’t be necessary to have a full body insert, but it’s designed for up to 35 pounds.
Along with the other standard safety features this car seat offers, Evenflo has smartly designed the ergonomic handle so it can also act as an anti-rebound bar.
The canopy however is quite small and doesn’t rotate very far down to shield your child from sunlight.