Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat Review
For the safest infant car seat money can buy, give the Britax Chaperone infant car seat a try! This seat has one of the highest safety ratings from Consumer Reports in crash tests!
- Highest Safety Ratings
- Long Lasting
- Large Seat—Takes Up Lots Of Room
- Heavy—Hard To Carry This Seat
Features Of The Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat
True Side Impact Protection: distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, contains the head and body, and keeps the head, neck and spine “in true” or aligned, to limit injury
Anti Rebound Bar: (on base, included with seat) stabilizes child seat by minimizing rotational forces associated with front and rear collisions
Quick Adjust Harnass: repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner (EPS) absorbs and distributes crash forces
- 30-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort through the first years
- Large multiple position canopy
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Premium Cover Set with matching belly pad provides extra comfort
- Stroller Compatible Design works with Britax Chaperone strollers and other major stroller brands when used with Britax adapter strap (Notice: if you have a Britax Chaperone infant carrier manufactured on or before May 27, 2009, you may obtain an adapter strap free of charge; please call our Consumer Services department for more information 1-888-427-4829)
- Ergonomic Carry-Handle designed to contour to forearm to allow for more comfortable carrying of child in carrier
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Front Harness Adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
- Easy-to-Read Level Indicators (on base) provide quick reference for proper angle of recline
- Easy-to-Install Seat-to-Base Design self-guides carrier into proper locked position
- Easy-to-Install Base with LATCH Connector Storage (Included)
- Height Adjustment Knob (on base) for proper seat angle and positioning
- Low Birth Weight Foam Insert to be used for infants weighing 4 – 11 pounds to achieve a snug harness fit
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat User Reviews
The Britax Chaperone infant car seat has received a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from users at babysrus.com, diapers.com, babyearth.com, target.com and amazon.com.
Britax is known for its safety standards and reliability, but this extra seat protection comes at a high price. However, most users on the review boards say the Britax Chaperone is “worth the extra money” because it is such a safe seat.
In fact, this infant car seat has one of the highest safety ratings of any car seat on the market. Users say the side wings on the Chaperone are deeper than on any other car seat which makes the seat that much safer. They also say the head wings double as a great head rest for when baby takes a nap.
The seat is extremely sturdy, users love that it can hold babies up to 30 lbs, and the seat is compatible with many strollers in order to create the ideal travel system. The Chaperone is extremely roomy and fits larger babies really well, but it also comes with an infant insert to accommodate small, or underweight babies.
Users report that their babies are very comfortable in this infant car seat and they love that the car seat can be safely secured in the car even without the car seat base.
Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat Review:- Cons
On the negative side, many users complain about the size of the Britax Chaperone infant car seat and say it is difficult to fit it in many cars because it pushes the front passenger seat all the way forward.
Users say if you can secure the car seat in the middle back passenger seat then the seat should fit any car without a problem. However, they do recommend that you test out how the seat fits in your car before purchasing.
Users are also displeased about the weight of this car seat and say it is one of the heaviest infant car seats they have encountered.
While some users say this weight and large size are what makes the car seat so safe, others say it is almost impossible to carry this infant car seat around with a baby inside. However, others counter saying this is why the travel system was invented; move the car seat around on the stroller.
Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat Review:- Summary
In summary, users say they would “never put a price on safety,” and the Brtiax Chaperone is the safest car seat on the market and this “outweighs any weight or size issues with the seat.”