Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat Review
If you are looking for the safety provided by a Britax infant car seat but don’t have room for the large and bulky Britax Chaperone seat, then check out the new Britax B-Safe 35 infant car seat.
It is equipped with all of Britax’s great car seat safety features but it is small enough to fit in compact cars—without sacrificing the height or weight limit for how long your baby can use the seat.
- Safe—Side Impact Tested
- Fits Well In Smaller Compact Cars
- Adjustable Crotch Strap
- Great Sun Canopy
- Fabric Not Breathable
Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat Features
- Side Impact Protection distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head and body
- Tangle-free, five-point harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Energy absorbing foam liner absorbs and distributes crash forces
- Four harness heights and two buckle positions for your growing child
- Removable comfort pillow, shoulder pads, and belly pad provide extra comfort
- Stroller compatible design integrated Click & Go adapter system works with Britax B-Series strollers. Also compatible with other major stroller brands when used with Britax adaptor frame (sold separately)
- Lightweight and travel-friendly for vehicle and stroller compatibility
- Adjustable base has five positions for proper seat angle and positioning
- 30-lb weight capacity for safety and comfort through the first years
- Large multiple position canopy blocks wind, rain, and harmful UV rays from baby’s sensitive skin
- Ergonomic carry-handle designed to contour to forearm to allow for more comfortable carrying of child in car seat
- Premium Lower Latch Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Front harness adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
- Easy-to-read level indicators (on base) provide quick reference for proper angle of recline
- Easy-to-install seat-to-base design self guides car seat into proper locked position
- Easy-to-install base with LATCH connector storage (included)
Car Seat Dimensions:
- Seat can be used rear facing only from 4-35 lbs or 32 inches in height
- Infant seat weighs: 9.8 lbs
- Car seat base weighs: 6 lbs
- Seat area depth/width: 13/19 inches
- Seat back compartment height: 20 inches
- Shoulder width: 10 inches
Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat vs. Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat
The B-Safe is also smaller in size than the Chaperone, making it much easier to fit in compact cars and sedans. The B-Safe weighs one pound less than the Chaperone, which isn’t a huge difference but every little bit helps when carrying around your baby.
However, despite its smaller size and lighter weight, the B-Safe will still hold a baby until the same weight (30 lbs) and height (32 inches) as the Chaperone.
Helping to determine its lower cost, the B-Safe is missing some of the deluxe safety features found on the Chaperone such as the Rebound Bar (which stabilizes a the car seat by minimizing rotational forces associated with front and rear crashes) and True Side Impact Protection (which keeps the head, neck and spine in “true” alignment to limit injury).
However, it is still equipped with Britax’s side impact protection, which distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head and body during a collision.
True side impact protection is found on Britax’s more expensive car seats such as the Chaperone infant car seat, the Boulevard convertible car seat, the Advocate convertible car seat, and the discontinued Diplomat convertible car seat.
The B-Safe infant car seat is comparable in safety to Britax’s less expensive car seats: the Britax Roundabout and Britax Marathon convertible car seats—two of the most popular and highest rated car seats on the market.
Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat Review:- Pros
The seat has been designed with built in attachments for securing it to a Britax stroller and you will not need to purchase or install a car seat adaptor to create your perfect travel system. It doesn’t get easier than this.
More importantly, users love how well the car seat fits tiny babies thanks to the removable infant head and body pads, and once removed the seat also provides lots of room for larger babies.
The seat has many easy to adjust harness positions and even comes with two adjustable crotch strap positions. This is a great bonus because users often complain on other brands of seats, and even on some strollers, that the crotch strap is just too small to fit their baby comfortably. Problem solved with the B-Safe infant car seat.
The car seat base is easy to install, users love the LATCH, and the seat comes with a level indicator to help you ensure you get the correct angle of recline when installing the seat. The seat fabric is easy to wipe clean and the sun canopy gives full coverage and stays put when fully extended.
Users are pleased that the seat itself is very lightweight and easy to use, but what makes user really happy with their purchase is the peace of mind they get because of how safe the B-Safe infant car seat is.
This is the main reason users recommend this infant car seat to other users, although they are also thrilled to have such as safe seat that is easy to use too. Good job Britax!
Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat Review:- Cons
There are almost no negatives for this car seat. A few users complain that the straps can easily get twisted which can be annoying and the fabric is not so breathable and will leave your baby sweaty on warm days.
However, there are no complaints that should deter you from purchasing this infant car seat.