Not only is the Evenflo Nurture infant car seat our lightest infant car seat but it’s one of the cheapest. This isn’t rated our best lightest infant car seat because it doesn’t have the same level of features that the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 does, despite weighing the least.
The small size and lightweight of this car seat makes carrying it around so much easier, but this can only accommodate children up to 22 pounds or 29 inches so it won’t last that long.
It is recommended that children should stay in a rear facing car seat until they are 2 years old, the Evenflo Nurture will probably last around 12 months.
Summary of features:
- The shell is lined with energy absorbing foam for added safety and comfort.
- Side impact tested in addition to meeting or exceeding all federal safety standards.
- 5-point harness has 3 positions to ensure a better fit and crotch buckle has 2 positions.
- One of the lightest infant car seats only weighing 6.5 pounds for the car seat alone.
- Can be used with Evenflo JourneyLite stroller, it simply just clicks on.
- Built-in LATCH connectors to allow for safe and easy car seat installation.
- Machine washable pad for convenience.
- Rotatable canopy to shield your baby from sunlight.
- Soft easy to carry ergonomic handle.
- Handle can be adjusted to 5 positions.
- Automotive belt guides allows installation without the base.
- Additional Evenflo Nurture car seat base can be purchased for very cheap.
- Comes with 90 days manufacturer’s warranty.
- Child weight: 4 – 22lbs
- Child standing height: Up to 29 inches
- Dimensions – Handle up (inches): 18W x 28H x 11D
- Weight – Car seat only: 6.5lbs
- Weight – Base only: 3.8lbs
- Weight – Combined: 10.3lbs
Analysis of main features:
The Evenflo Nurture being one of the lightest infant car seat definitely has its benefits, especially if you may not have a lot of upper body strength. Check out our guide on why having a lightweight car seat is important.
Although if you purchase a stroller for any infant car seat that can neutralize the weight factor, but you would be in situations where you might have to carry the car seat such as going up and down stairs and going into the gas station.
Adjustable harness height
The 5-point harness seatbelt is designed to hold in your baby securely and distribute crash forces over the strongest parts of the body protecting more vulnerable parts.
The good thing about this harness is it can be adjusted to 3 different height positions to ensure you get an accurate fit, the crotch buckle also has 2 positions which it can be adjusted to.
Multi position ergonomic handle
Just like the Evenflo Embrace LX, the handle can be adjusted to 5 different positions where each position has a purpose. One of the more important positions would be the front position where the handle would act as an anti-rebound bar, which is basically used to stabilize the car seat and reduce the distance the car seat will rotate in the event of a collision.
Cheap additional car seat base
Although this can be installed without the base, it’s not recommended unless it’s the last resort. Of course it’s safer to be installed properly with a car seat base as this provides more stability.
If it’s quite likely your baby will travel in more than one vehicle then an additional car seat base for the Evenflo Nurture is actually pretty cheap, so it might be worth having one to avoid the possibility of having to install the car seat without the base.
One noticeable missing feature is that it doesn’t have any headrest pillows or body inserts which is used to keep smaller babies more secure.
This is a small car seat but if we compare it to the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 and Maxi-Cosi Mico AP which both has the same weight and height limit as the Evenflo Nurture, both of those car seats come with a headrest support or body insert.
Unlike most other infant car seats, the harness on this car seat can’t be adjusted from the front, although probably not a deal breaker but it’s a lot more convenient to be able to adjust the harness from the front.
It’s also only compatible with one stroller being the Evenflo JourneyLite, this does really limit you for choice but on the positive side this stroller is also cheap like the car seat and it’s not flimsy either.
It’s not as well built as other strollers such as Britax and Graco but having a highly rated stroller is less important than having a highly rated car seat.