Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat Review
For a high rated infant car seat that will allow your baby to securely sit rear facing for months longer than the infant car seat competition, check out the Graco SnugRide 35 infant car seat.
- 35 lbs weight limit gives long use for this seat
- Easy to install and straps easy to adjust
- Seat is comfortable
- Large seat and may not fit in all cars
- Fabric is not breathable and leaves baby sweaty
- Not enough infant head support and baby’s head can flop from side to side
- May out grow the seat before the 35 lbs weight limit
Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat Review:- Features
- Helps protect rear-facing infants from 4-35 lbs. and up to 32 inches
- Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards
- Side-impact tested* (*In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the SnugRide® 35 has been side impact tested for occupant retention by the harness system.)
- EPS, energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- Removable infant head support cushions baby’s head
- Convenient, LATCH-equipped stay-in-car base with one-hand dial adjustment
- Base features integrated belt lock-off for easier seat belt installation* (*versus using the locking clip)
- Easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork
- 5-point, front-adjust harness helps you get baby in and out
- Compatibility with most Graco strollers lets you create custom-built travel systems
- GracoPedic™ luxury foam for extra padding and added comfort
- Weight without base: 7.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.6Hx18.7Wx29D
Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat Review:- Pros
The Graco SnugRide 35 has received a rating of 4 out of 5 stars from users at amaon.com, toyrus.com and diapers.com.
Most users are extremely happy with the Graco SnugRide 35 infant car seat first and foremost because it is a safe and secure infant car seat that provides parents with a sense of calm while driving around with their babies.
Several reviewers post stories about accident they were in, some quite serious, while their baby was riding in this infant car seat and they report that their baby survived the ordeal unharmed thanks to the Graco SnugRide 35.
One user even tells of an accident during which her baby was napping and the SnugRide 35 kept her baby so secure, he didn’t even wake up during the crash. Mom found him sleeping soundly and unharmed, snug as a bug, in his SnugRide.
Users also love how much more use they get out of this car seat compared to other infant car seats, thanks to the 35 lb weight limit and I even have a friend whose 16 month old still manages to fit in the Graco SnugRide 35 infant car seat (although they are now finally upgrading to a convertible car seat).
Almost every user also tells about how easy the Graco SnugRide 35 infant car seat is to install, and you won’t need a rolled up towel or noodle to get the car seat level. The latch system is also super easy to use.
Most users find the harness straps easy to adjust, the seat comfortable for their baby, and believe the seat is made from high quality materials.
Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat Review:- Cons
On the down side, almost every user, even those who sing the praises of the Graco SnugRide 35, say the this infant car seat is heavy and is not easy to carry—even with just a newborn inside.
Many users also report this infant car seat is very large and may not fit well in smaller vehicles. The seat is also fairly wide and users say it won’t fit in the booth at many restaurants. (Not that this should be a factor when choosing an infant car seat).
Also, many, many users complain that the seat fabric is not breathable and leaves their baby very sweaty in the summer months and that the material has a somewhat plastic-like feel.
Some users also feel the seat is too large for small infants and the infant head support doesn’t properly support a newborn’s head, causing the head to flop forward.
Other users complain that their baby outgrew the seat well before the 35 lb weight limit, leaving them to wonder why they invested extra money in this car seat.
Low Toxicity In Car Seat Material
****Low Toxicity for Several Graco SnugRide 35 Models: New studies have been released showing the levels of toxins and chemicals used in different car seat fabrics and fabric dyes.
This new study advises staying away from car seats with high levels of toxic chemicals used in the production of these colors.
Most car seats on the market today have received a medium rating for levels of chemicals, with a few ratings of the scary High for some car seat fabrics.
However, the Graco SnugRide 35 model has 3 fabric choices that have been rated Low for toxic chemicals are therefore some of the safest car seat fabric picks you can make (and this car seat has no fabrics in the high rating).