Britax B-Lively Double Stroller Review
The Britax B-Lively is a lightweight and compact double stroller with state of the art suspension, an accessible storage basket, fully reclining seats and huge sun canopies.
This double stroller is also an easy to use travel system thanks to Britax’s Click & Go receivers! Read on to find out why reviewers are raving!
Britax B-Lively Double Stroller Review:- Features
Britax B-Lively Double Stroller - Up to 100 pounds - Car Seat Compatible - UV 50+ Canopy - Adjustable Handlebar - Easy Fold, Raven
2 used from $328.89
- All new side-by-side double stroller with infant car seat compatibility, self-standing enhanced storage, adjustable handlebar and improved features
- Travel System ready: Compatible with 1 Britax or BOB infant car seat (adapter sold separately)
- Lightweight stroller with all-wheel suspension, linked parking brake, and self-standing quick fold
- Extra-large storage basket, 6 pockets, independent infinite reclining seats and ventilated UV 50+ canopies
- Fit: Birth to 50 pounds each seat; maximum unfolded dimensions 40.75" L x 31.5" W x 41.4" H
- Quick-fold with automatic chassis lock
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Less than 30.5 inches wide to fit through standard doorways
- Height adjustable handle
- Large under seat storage with access through front foot rest
- Two additional storage pockets behind seats
- Separate large canopies with ventilation windows (mesh peek-a-boo windows)
- Front swivel wheels are lockable
- No re-thread, adjustable, five point harness and head pad with reflective binding
- Infinite seat recline positions
- Linked parking brake locks both rear wheels
- Click & Go Integrated adaptor system works with Britax Chaperone and Britax B-Safe infant car seats (at this time no other infant car seat is compatible with this stroller for the creation of a travel system and the stroller can only accept one infant car seat)
- All-Wheel Suspension proves for a smooth ride
- Included Accessories: Britax Click & Go infant car seat receivers
- Capacity: 50 lbs per seat (100 lbs total)
- Weight: 28 lbs without car seat adaptors
- 30.5”Wx41.4”Hx40”D Unfolded
- 30.5”Wx13”Hx30.5D Folded (with seat unit)
- Seat Back Height: 18 inches, Seat Depth: 9.5 inches, Seat Width 11.25 inches
Britax B-Lively Double Stroller User Reviews
Many users admit that they went into the store intending to purchase the Baby Jogger City Mini double stroller but instead fell in love with the very similar Britax B-Lively Double Stroller.
These users say the Britax B-Lively just has a few extra things going for it that are lacking on the Baby Jogger City Mini double such as an adjustable handle bar and accessible storage basket.
The Britax B-Lively basket is designed to be accessed from any side, not just the rear, which means you will always be able to get to your possessions, even when the stroller seats are fully reclined!
The storage basket is also a large size and you will have no problem fitting a large diaper bag and all the other items needed for strolling with two children.
There are also large storage pockets behind the stroller seats for keys, wallets, etc…
One user writes that the pockets are so large she can fit a full package of baby wipes in there.
The suspension on the B-Lively double stroller is fantastic and the stroller glides over bumps and cracks in the sidewalk easily and it will have no problem taking on rougher terrain such as grass, sand and light snow.
While the stroller seats are roomy enough for toddlers, the overall stroller frame is not too wide and it has no problem fitting through standard size doorways (with room spare according to reviewers).
The sun canopies on the stroller are huge and can be adjusted independently from each other and the stroller seats have a full recline, including a fully flat position—so this stroller is safe for newborns.
The B-Lively double stroller can accept one infant car seat to create a travel system and the car seat adapters are already built into the stroller—no need to purchase a separate attachment.
But the stroller will only accept Britax infant car seats such as the Britax B-Safe and the Britax Chaperone.
Britax B-Lively Double Stroller Review:- Cons
There are almost no real negatives for the Britax B-Lively double stroller. Like the single version of the B-Lively stroller, users really love this double stroller.
Reviewers want new buyers to be aware though that the stroller (as said above) is only compatible with Britax brand infant car seats if you want to create a travel system—so if you already own another brand infant car seat then this might not be the stroller for you.
However, the built in car seat adapter is a nice feature and means you don’t have to purchase a separate accessory in order to create a travel system stroller.
It would also be nice though if Britax could restructure these car seat adapters so that future models of this stroller could accept two infant car seats to create a twin travel system.
The only other complaints about this stroller are more of “I wish the stroller had….” rather than real negatives.
Currently, the stroller is only offered in the colors Red or Black and users would like to see Britax offer a better variety of fabric color options.
Also, the stroller seat does not sit completely upright (it is upright enough but not a full 180 degrees) and users would love if Britax could just design it so it came up just a couple more degrees. (There is a similar plea from users of the Baby Jogger City Mini Double stroller).
- Storage basket is accessible even when seats are reclined
- Adjustable push handle
- Large canopies and mesh peek-a-boo windows
- Great suspension and can handle rough terrain smoothly
- Fully reclining stroller seats
- Built in infant car seat adaptors (no need to purchase separately) to create a single travel system
- Can only use as a travel system with Britax brand infant car seats and only accepts one infant car seat
- Only available in the colors red or black
- Stroller seats do not sit completely upright (but still are almost upright)
Britax B-Lively Double Stroller Review:- Summary
Overall though reviewers are really please with their purchase and would definitely recommend the Britax B-Lively double stroller to anyone looking for a lightweight, compact, easy to use double stroller. Worth a buy!