Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller Review
For a lightweight, easy click travel system, one hand fold stroller that is giving the Baby Jogger City Mini a run for its money, check out the Britax B-Lively stroller.
Best lightweight stroller For Travel List
Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller Review:- Features
- One Handed quick fold with automatic chassis lock
- Click & Go integrated adaptor system works with Britax Chaperone and Britax B-Safe infant car seats
- Travel System Compatible with other major infant car seat brands, including Graco, Chicco, and Peg Perego, when used with Britax infant car seat adapter (sold separately)
- Lightweight aluminum frame (16.5 lbs total weight)
- No re-thread, adjustable, five-point harness and head pad with reflective binding
- Infinite seat recline positions
- Large under seat storage and additional pocket with zipper
- One step linked parking brake locks both rear wheels
- Three-wheel design provides improved steering and maneuverability
- All-wheel suspension provides for a smooth ride
- Frame designed for stride clearance
- Large canopy with ventilation window
- Included accessories: Britax Click & Go infant car seat receivers
- Use with children birth to 55 lbs
- Unfolded Dimensions WxHxD: 22.75×40.5×38.25 inches
- Folded Dimensions WxHxD: 22.75x10x29 inches
- Seat depth/width: 10/13.5 inches
- Seat back height: 20 inches (will fit tall toddlers)
- Seat to canopy: 25 inches
- Harness slot heights: 10.5/12.5/15 inches
- Buckle strap depth: 4.5 inches
- 9.5 inch rear wheels and 5.5 inch front swivel wheel that can lock for all terrain
Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller User Reviews
Watch out Baby Jogger City Mini! Competition has rolled into town.
Many, many users say they walked into the baby store looking to buy the Baby Jogger City Mini but then after taking the very similar Britax B-Lively stroller for a test drive, they ended up taking the B-Lively home.
And they are very glad they did!
Like the Baby Jogger City Mini, the Britax B-Lively has an easy to use one hand fold and it folds almost exactly like the City Mini except it comes with a safety button you press before folding to ensure the stroller will never fold up accidentally on your baby.
And, unlike the Baby Jogger City Mini , the B-Lively has an automatic lock when folded—but the Baby Jogger City Mini also now has an automatic lock as well.
The fold on both strollers is extremely compact as the stroller folds almost flat, and you can even pop off the wheels on the B-Lively for a more compact fold.
More Reasons To Love the Britax B-Lively Stroller
You will love that the Britax B-Lively stroller is extremely lightweight and that the stroller seat comes with comfortable padding, a removable head rest for infants, and can be reclined to infinite positions—including flat for infants.
The canopy on the stroller is huge and has a mesh peek-a-boo window that allows air flow into the stroller (the Baby Jogger City Mini has a plastic peek-a-boo window).
The sun canopy on the B-Lively can be adjusted to multiple positions and it is positioned high up on the stroller, making this a great stroller for tall toddlers.
One user even reports that her six-year-old fits in the stroller comfortably without her head hitting the canopy.
A small storage pocket is located on the back of the canopy and the stroller has an adequate storage basket.
Users are also thrilled that the stroller doesn’t tip when you hang bags off the handle bars even though this is a lightweight stroller.
Users love the no re-thread adjustable 5-point harness, the child-proof safety buckle, and the comfortable and easy to wipe fabric.
The one-piece handle bar is not adjustable but is positioned at a good height for both tall and short driver stroller pushers.
And the stroller allows a good stride clearance for taller people because of the curved bar on the storage basket that allows extra stride room for a tall person’s legs.
Pushes Like A Dream!
You will like how easy the Britax B-Lively stroller is to maneuver, you can push and steer this stroller with just one hand! Thanks to the shocks and suspension provided on the B-Lively (not found on the Baby Jogger City Mini but are provided on the Baby Jogger City Mini GT).
The ride is super smooth and many users describe the stroller as “simply gliding” when in motion.
The stroller is so easy to turn, is amazing sturdy even though it is lightweight, and it fits really well down narrow store aisles and other crowded places.
For a bit more adventure, you can lock the front swivel wheel which will allow the stroller to go over grass, gravel and unpaved surfaces.
Some users even say you can use the stroller for light jogging on paved surfaces with the front wheel locked, although this stroller is not designed as a jogging stroller.
Several users feel the B-Lively is simply a “dream stroller” and they would rate it with more than five stars if it were allowed.
Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller Review:- Cons
On the down side, It is bit disappointed with the size of the storage basket which can fit a medium size diaper bag but not a large diaper bag.
I wish the stroller would stand up on its own when folded and would fold with the handle bar facing up rather than down toward the grown.
Another worry is it will get dirty easily.
I would like to see Britax redesign the stroller with an adjustable handle bar and with a toddler seat that sat fully upright—it currently sits almost upright but still has a bit of a recline.
And, like with the Baby Jogger City Mini, I would like to see more accessories included in the purchase of the stroller like a parent tray—but it does come with a parent cup holder (but I don’t like that has to be removed when the stroller is folded.)
- one handed fold and automatic lock when folded
- travel system compatible with great click and lock with Britax infant car seats
- lightweight stroller
- compact when folded
- maneuvers, turns and handles like a dream
- fully flat reclining stroller seat
- mesh peek-a-boo window
- large sun canopy and it sits high to allow for tall toddlers
- Great storage
- Good for tall parents
- Front wheels lock for rougher terrain
- No-thread 5-point harness with toddler proof buckle
- Handle not adjustable
- Stroller does not stand up on own when folded and handle bar faces down when folded (it can get dirty)
- Stroller seat does not sit completely upright when in the highest upright position
Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller Review:- Summary
The Britax B-Lively stroller comes with all the fantastic features of the Baby Jogger City Mini (lightweight, one handed fold, one-handed maneuverability) but with many extras like a padded toddler seat, all wheel suspension, nicer fabric, automatic lock when folded (the Baby Jogger City Mini also now has an automatic lock), better clearance for long stride stroller pushers, and a parent cup holder.
If you were interested in the Baby Jogger City Mini then for almost the same price you might want to also look into the Britax B-Lively. Users love their stroller purchase and are have no regrets with the Britax B-Lively stroller.
Amazon Top Rated Lightweight Strollers 2020
- Durable, stylish aluminum frame (13 pounds) with large seat area
- 4 position recline with 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight and height of child: 50 pounds and 43 inches
- Anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- Adjustable and removable canopy with flip out sun visor. New and improved easy compact fold with carry strap and auto lock
- Extra-large storage basket and rear storage pocket. Don't overload storage basket: Maximum 10 pounds
- Comfort-grip Handle and parent organizer tray
- Dual Foot activated parking brake and parent organizer with 2 cup holders
- Large Canopy and basket; Baby Trend Rocket Stroller will accommodate your growing child up to 50 pounds
- Compact fold for travel and storage
- 5 point harness for safety
- Lightweight (11lbs) design & compact fold
- Parent-friendly features: 2 cup holders + storage pouch, storage basket, auto-lock, anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- Child-friendly features: Full-sized seat, multi-position recline & padded seat back, hassle-free canopy with pop out sun visor, padded 5-point safety harness
- Holds child up to 45 pounds
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips
- LARGE CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD -- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations.
- RECLINING SEAT -- Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child to 50 pounds. (Does not recline completely flat)
- ROOMY STORAGE -- Large, easy to access storage basket holds all baby's necessities. Removable child tray with dual cup & juice box holder, and parent tray with two drink holders and extra storage area.
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Front swivel wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging.Recommended Use :6 m ~ 50 lbs or up to 42.
- Reclining padded seat with 5 point harness, tether, large canopy and storage basket
- Convenient child and parent trays with 2 cup holders
- Easy compact fold for storage or travel