Chicco Fit2 Infant & Toddler Car Seat Review
For a lightweight infant car seat that can keep your baby rear facing until 35 lbs and 35 inches in height, check out the Chicco Fit2 infant car seat!
This infant car seat has a padded no-threaded harness, a Tru-Safe Anti-Rebound bar (ARB), Tru-Safe Side Impact Protection (SIP), EZ Harness Height Adjustment System, an adjustable sun canopy, a removable and washable seat cushion, an ergonomically designed carry handle, and is compatible with all Chicco strollers to create the perfect travel system.
Also check out reviews for the Graco SnugRide 22 infant car seat and the Chicco KeyFit30 infant car seat.
Chicco Fit2 Infant & Toddler Car Seat Review:- Features
Chicco Fit2 Infant & Toddler Car Seat, Tempo
$239.50 in stock
1 used from $199.63
- 2-Stage base converts from Infant Position to Toddler Position, making it easy to stay rear-facing for the first 2 years
- Provides more upright, spacious seating with adjustability and extended leg room for toddlers 9-24 months - without taking up extra space in the vehicle
- Easiest to install with Recline Sure levelling foot, Ride Right bubble levels, and Super Cinch LATCH tightened
- Compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use (sold separately). Care and Maintenance- Fabrics may be spot-cleaned with mild soap and water, or machine washed in cold water on delicate cycle using mild detergent. Attach hook and loop parts together before washing. Hang to dry. DO NOT BLEACH. To clean harness, sponge clean using warm water and mild soap; air dry. Do not machine wash harness
- From the makers of the #1-rated Key Fit Infant Car Seat
- Ultra light weight travel system when used with a Chicco stroller
- Anti-Rebound Bar (ARB)
- Height Adjustment System
- Side Impact Protection (SIP)
- Infants from birth to 35 lb and 35 in (when used w/ base)
- 7 position headrest
- Safeguard® Latch Connectors
- no-threaded harness with padding
- Removable and washable fabric
- Adjustable canopy
- Dimensions: 28 in (l) x 17 in (w) x 16 in (h)
- Product Weight: 20.6 lb
- Weight capacity: birth-35 lb (when used w/ base)
- Height allowance: 35 in
Chicco Fit2 Infant Car Seat User Reviews
The Chicco Fit2 infant car seat has received top stars from users at amazon.com, toysrus.com, and target.com.
This infant car seat has very high reviews with an almost equal number of users rating the seat with either 5 stars or 4 star.
Chicco Fit2 Infant Car Seat Review:- Pros
Those who rate the Chicco Fit2 infant car seat favorably say the seat is very comfortable for their baby, is super easy to clean (no worries about blowouts or spit ups—wipe or wash and dry), and it is very lightweight for an infant car seat.
Users love how easy the seat is to use with Chicco strollers and say the colorful, soft fabrics included with this seat help to create a very stylish travel system.
The car seat has good safety ratings, comes with extra safety features like a safety rebound bar (babies love to rest their feet on it) and side impact protection, and can hold infants until 35 lbs.
Almost all users also report that the Chicco Fit2 is super easy to install and you can easily transfer the car seat base from car to car thanks to the simplicity in using the latch system.
The car seat is large and holds infants well past a year and half in age, yet it is still small enough to fit in the rear seat of a compact car.
Chicco Fit2 Infant Car Seat Review:- Cons
However, despite the Chicco Fit2’s many pluses, there are few major minuses that have brought down the rating for this infant car seat. This first major negative for this car seat is its “puzzle” buckle.
Many parents really hate how complicated it is to buckle the harness because of the two pieces that have to be fit together like a puzzle.
They say with a squirmy, screaming baby it is just too complicated to use.
However, other users say it just takes some time to get use to the buckle and once you master its technique it is easy enough to use.
Another major complaint users have with this seat is that it is very easy to get your baby’s feet caught on the safety rebound bar when you remove your baby from the car seat.
But, again, with a bit of concentration and practice this is avoidable.
Users also report that it is not easy to slide and click the car seat into the car seat base and one user compares removing the car seat from the base to taking the top off a medicine bottle—press down then pull up.
It takes two hands to do this and a bit of oomph. Many users say they have the same difficulty clicking the car seat into the stroller frame as well.
Users find it annoying that the button to release the harness straps is under the seat fabric and find they spend a lot of time feeling around for it.
Lastly, users also say their baby outgrows the car seat well before 35 lbs. Many users say their baby only fit the seat until about 25 lbs.
Chicco Fit2 Infant Car Seat Review:- Summary
Overall, the Chicco Fit2 Infant car seat has received excellent reviews—some users really love this infant car seat, think it is a great purchase and they would gladly buy this car seat again, they really enjoy this Chicco KeyFit infant car seat.