Bumbleride Indie All Terrain Stroller Review
For an all-terrain, jogging stroller that is slim enough and lightweight enough to use in an urban environment, give the multi-award winning Bumbleride Indie stroller a try!
For more lightweight all-terrain, light jogging strollers that are slim enough to use in an urban environment.
(Description Provided by Bumbleride)
Bumbleride Indie is not your average all-terrain stroller.
Weighing a slim 24 lbs., Indie combines the off-road ability of a multi-terrain stroller with the lean agility of an urban jogger and features a 360 degree swiveling front wheel with forward and rear facing locking positions.
Indie is suitable for newborns and toddlers using a multi-adjustable reclining backrest.
Ready to tackle any terrain, Indie comes standard with rear suspension, a height-adjustable handle, multi-use bumper bar, large storage basket and removable cup holder.
- Standing Dimensions: 37L 24.5W 47H
- Total Weight: 24 LBS
- Child Weight Capacity: 55 LBS
Bumbleride Indie All Terrain Stroller Review:- Features
Bumbleride Indie All Terrain Stroller - Dawn Grey Mint
- Infant ready, lie-flat seat with adjustable footrest and bassinet mode fabric panels.
- Car Seat Compatible (Peg Perego, Nuna, Cybex, Maxi Cosi, Chicco & Graco) & Bassinet compatible. Sold separate.
- Lightweight (24lbs) with one step, compact fold (11.5"H) with auto lock and standing stow.
- Non-toxic, eco fabric featuring 100% polyester from recycled water bottles (RPET), Oeko Tex Standard 100 certified from harmful chemicals & innovative dye process on black colorways.
- Front & rear wheel suspension with 12" air filled tires (pump included). Suspension & air tires make for an easier pushing jogging stroller as your child grows & longer naps over all terrain.
- Bumbleride Indie is suitable for infancy and up
- SPF 45+ sun canopy. A new UV lining inside Indie’s oversized canopy reflects heat and adds SPF 45+ protection keeping baby cool and protected
- Multi-use bumper bar that converts to a universial infant car seat adaptor
- Quick release five point safety harness
- Standard infant headrest and shoulder pads
- 360° swivel front wheel with inline locking option
- Carrying handle for easy transport when folded
- Compact fold
- 12″ air inflated tires
- Multi-adjustable backrest with flat position
- Adjustable handle height from 32-45″
- Spacious cargo basket
- Zip-off canopy portion for maximum sun coverage
- Lightweight, anodized aluminum frame construction
- Rigid backrest support. A firm backrest with ergonomic padding gives baby full support
- Adjustable foot rest
- Easy and compact fold
- Available in colors: Lava, Ruby, Seagrass, Spice and Vita
Compatible Infant Car Seats with the Included Infant Car Seat Adaptor:
- Graco Snugride
- Graco Snugride 32
- Graco Snugride 35
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30
- Chicco Keyfit 30
- Combi Shuttle
- Baby Trend Flex Loc
- Britax Chaperone
Maxi Cosi infant car seat adaptor sold separately.
Standard Accessories Included With Purchase:
- Air Pump
- Jogging Strap
- Cup Holder
- Headrest and Shoulder Pads
- Multi-use bumper/infant seat adapter bar
Accessories Sold Separately:
- The Bumbleride Carry Cot ($168.99)
- Bumbleride snack pack ($39.99)
- Maxi Cosi infant car seat adaptor
- Bumbleride Footmuff ($69.99)
New Bumbleride Indie Editions
There are no structural changes on the Bumbleride Indie for 2018. The 2018 model is the exact same stroller users know and love except for a few minor changes.
The material on the 2018 Bumbleride Indie provides UV protection for your little one and is also water-proof. Because of this, the rain cover will no longer be included with purchase.
- Colors Available
- Dawn Grey Mint
- Maritime Blue
- Recycled Exterior Fabric: Exterior fabric is made using 100% recycled fabric.
Bumbleride Indie All Terrain Stroller Review:- Pros
The Bumbleride Indie is an award winning stroller, and after reading through the many positive reviews I can see why.
The main reason users love the Indie stroller is because it is an all-terrain, jogging stroller that is also great for everyday use.
Many users say that the problem with other jogging strollers like the Bob Revolution or the Baby Jogger City series is that they are too big, clunky and heavy.
The Bumbleride Indie weighs only a mere 24 lbs and has a much more compact design than other all-terrain strollers. This is a stroller you can take either to the mall or for long outdoor walks.
Users say the stroller fits between the narrow racks of clothing in most retail stores and can also still easily handle any terrain including gravel, uneven pavement, snow, grass and sand.
This stroller also makes a great stroller for running or jogging. Just be sure to lock the front swivel wheel before using the stroller as a jogging stroller or an all terrain stroller—this ensures the stroller’s stability.
Users also love that Bumbleride includes so many accessories with the purchase of the Indie (bumper bar, infant car seat adapter, cup holder, infant headrest, and air pump for the wheels).
Most other brands of strollers will make you purchase these accessories separately. This makes the Indie a very cost efficient jogging stroller, although it is still very expensive.
Reviewers can’t say enough about what a smooth ride the Indie has and they are absolutely gushing over how easy the stroller is to maneuver.
Users can steer the stroller with one hand, even when it is fully loaded, and they say the stroller “turns on a dime” thanks to the swivel front wheel.
The stroller also has a very easy to access storage basket, an adjustable handle bar and foot rest, a supportive back rest, a fully reclining seat (great for naps and for newborns), a UV protected mesh peek-a-boo canopy window, a very large sun canopy, and comes with easy to clean seat fabric.
The stroller is a easy to fold and unfold and you can even pop off the rear wheels for a more compact fold.
Users also report that the Bumbleride customer service is very pleasant and helpful and they like that this stroller is made in the USA.
One mom sums up her thoughts about the Bumbleride Indie by saying, “this stroller makes me want to go out for a walk more often.”
Bumbleride Indie All Terrain Stroller Review:- Cons
There are very few negatives for this stroller and those that do exist shouldn’t be deterrents if you are considering purchasing this stroller.
A few users complain that the footrest moves when you fold the stroller and therefore has to be readjusted every time you open the stroller.
Some also think the seat recline strap (not a handle bar or lever) is a bit awkward, and hate that you have to manually lock the stroller when folded.
They think Bumbleride should redesign the fold so that it has an automatic lock. One user reports that the wheel rims are of poor quality and another says the stroller seat does not sit upright enough.
Another reviewer requests that Bumbleride add a handbrake to the stroller for better control when running with the stroller downhill.
Also, the one touch button to release the 5-point safety harness is too easy–great for mom and dad but it also means your toddler can do it.
- Everyday use stroller that is also great for all-terrain use or light jogging.
- Lightweight (24 lbs) and compact for an all-terrain stroller (wheels can pop off for a more compact fold). Can even use in a city!
- Includes with purchase many accessories such as infant car seat adaptor, bumper bar, infant head rest, cup holder, and tire pump
- Smooth ride, easy to push, one handed maneuvering , turns on a dime
- Large storage basket, large sun canopy, UV protected peek-a-boo window, adjustable handles, adjustable foot rest, fully reclining (flat) stroller seat
- Air Pump
- Foldable Bumper
- All Wheel Suspension.
- No automatic lock when folded
- Seat does not sit completely upright
- The one touch button release for the 5-point harness straps is easy for you but is also super easy for toddlers to do.
- So they can escape if they want to
Bumbleride Indie All Terrain Stroller Review:- Summary
I recently had the opportunity to test drive this stroller. It was fantastic.
I also loved how narrow the back wheel base is–only 24.5 inches. That is a whole 1-3 inches less than its competitors.
The Indie really is a stroller that can provide it all-everyday use and outdoor adventure.
A very impressive stroller! But I do agree with reviewers that the one-touch release button for the 5-point safety harness is too easy for toddlers.
I would also love to see an automatic lock. Otherwise, I have to say this stroller is about perfect.
Also check out other reviews for Bumbleride strollers like the Bumbleride Flyer standard stroller and the Bumbleride Indie Twin double stroller.
Combining all the features you need for a jogging stroller, an all-terrain stroller, and a standard size stroller, while still being lightweight and compact, the Bumbleride Indie is the perfect stroller for those who want it all!