Inglesina Trilogy City Stroller Review
If you are a busy urban super mom who is always on the go then you need a compact, easy to use stroller that can glide with just the touch of a finger.
This makes the Inglesina Trilogy City Stroller the perfect stroller for you!
The Trilogy City is made in Italy and provides unparalleled smoothness and an effortless push thanks to its ball-bearing rubber wheels.
The Trilogy City provides one of the smoothest rides you can find and with the one piece handle bar you can easily drive and maneuver this stroller with just one hand!
This leaves your other hand free for talking on the phone, holding a second child’s hand, or sipping your all important morning coffee.
The Trilogy City stroller has a sophisticated 3 D folding system that allows you to fold and unfold the stroller with just one hand and, once folded, the stroller stands on its own.
This is perfect for parents who spend the day getting on and off public transportation or who are constantly throwing their stroller into the trunk of their car as they speed about town.
Once folded, the stroller is extremely compact and will take up very little space in even the most compact of trunks.
While still providing a wide and comfortable seat for the baby, the Inglesina Trilogy City stroller frame is only 19.50 inches wide.
This will allow the stroller to fit through the narrowest passages and into the smallest of spaces.
No more worries about crowded shopping centers or narrow sidewalks and pathways. Your stroller will fit anywhere!
The Trilogy City has a modern, contemporary design that stands out for its clean look, lack of rivets and hidden closing mechanism. The stroller can be used as a travel system with infant car seats from Graco, Peg Perego and Britax or as pram with Inglesina’s bassinet.
Inglesina Trilogy City Stroller Review:- Features
Inglesina Trilogy City Stroller, Intense Red
- The reversible stroller seat allows the baby to face the parent or the street. The frame easily folds with the seat attached in both positions.
- Active brake lever, which - once activated - automatically positions itself, thereby ensuring improved safety.
- Front swivel wheels with remote locking and unlocking control that can be activated without having to act directly on the wheels.
- Includes cup holder, matching storage basket, shoulder pads and rain cover
- The hood is equipped with mesh inserts, improving ventilation
- Front footrest adjustable to 2 positions
- 4-position backrest reclining up to 170 degrees (almost flat)
- Large sun canopy with peek-a-boo window and 9 inch hood flap to provide extra sun protection
- Totally removable lining, hand washable at 86 F.
- 5-point safety harness
- Removable padded bumper bar (covered in a leather-like material that won’t come apart when chewed on)
- One handed easy fold and unfold
- Stroller stands alone when folded
- One touch foot brakes labeled go and stop
- Lockable front swivel wheels—will allow the stroller to push through grass, dirt and light gravel
- One piece non-adjust handle bar provides one hand maneuverability
- Under stroller storage basket that can be accessed from front and sides when seat is fully reclined
- Included accessories: cup holder, storage basket, rain cover.
- Coordinated optional accessories: bassinet (only 8.6 lbs), winter muff, summer cover, stroller carry bag, sun parasol, rain cover for bassinet and adapters for car seats.
- Compatible with infant car seats Graco, Peg Perego and Britax.
- Converts to Pram with addition of bassinet. Bassinet is for use with babies from 0-6 months
- Use: Stroller seat can be used for infants from 6-36 months (40lbs weight limit maximum)
- Dimensions: stroller width: 19.5 inches/seat back: 19 inches (will fit tall toddlers)
- Weight: 21.6 lbs
- Wheels: 6.5 inch hard rubber wheels each equipped with ball bears for a smooth ride
Inglesina Trilogy City Stroller Review:- Pros
The Trilogy City is the Italian answer to the Bugaboo Bee and so far users feel this stroller is worth every penny paid.
They say the Italian craftsmanship and quality on this stroller is really apparent and the stroller fabrics are super soft and comfortable—and machine washable!
But, what is really winning over users is the easy to do one handed fold and unfold that they say is as easy as the fold on the Baby Jogger City Mini.
However, unlike the City Mini, the Trilogy City locks automatically when folded and stands up on its own. (The new Baby Jogger City Mini now also comes with an automatic lock).
The fold on the Trilogy City is very compact and this stroller takes up almost no room in even small car trunks.
And, even though Trilogy City stroller doesn’t have a handle like the Inglesina Zippy, it is still easy to grab the stroller frame and carry the folded stroller.
Moms can walk with the stroller in one hand and their baby in the other. The Inglesina Trilogy City is that simple and light!
Users can’t believe what a smooth ride the Trilogy City provides even though it doesn’t have air filled tires and this great suspension is thanks to the ball bearings added to each of the stroller’s four wheels.
The stroller gently glides along with minimal pushing.
The Inglesina Trilogy City also “turns on a dime” and has a nice tight turning radius making it a great choice for navigating narrow and crowded spaces.
The stroller’s front swivel wheels can be locked, helping the stroller to maneuver over grass, dirt and light gravel (although this is not an all terrain stroller).
The stroller’s narrow frame means it can fit between clothing racks in department stores but the stroller seat is still roomy and comfortable for toddlers.
The Inglesina Trilogy City comes with a generous canopy that has a built in pull out visor for very sunny days and has an adequate storage basket that will fit a medium size diaper bag.
The lever recline bar on the seat is much easier to use than strap reclines and the stroller seat can lay almost flat.
Although the handle bar is not adjustable, it is positioned at a good height for taller parents and its one piece construction makes it perfect for one handed maneuverability.
The 5-point harness straps are easily adjustable and the stroller comes standard with a parent cup holder and rain cover.
Inglesina Trilogy City Stroller Review :- Pros & Cons
- Can be used as a pram with a bassinet or as a travel system with an infant car seat
- Easy, one hand fold and unfold system and folds very compact
- Large sun canopy and machine washable soft seat fabric
- Excellent suspension—smooth ride, and can even handle grass and dirt thanks to lockable swivel wheels
- Narrow frame and fits between clothing racks
- Stands on its own when folded and has an automatic lock when folded
- Easy to use bar recline for stroller seat
- One handed push and steering
- Could be lighter? (currently 21.6 lbs)
- Non-adjustable push handle
Inglesina Trilogy City Stroller Review :- Summary
Some users wish the stroller was a bit lighter and everyone would love to see Inglesina redesign the handle bar so it was adjustable.
However, these are more like “wishes” for improvement on an already great stroller and users are really more than thrilled with their purchase.
In summary, the Inglesina Trilogy City is a great stroller, especially for city dwellers.
Watch out Bugaboo Bee, you have competition!