Best Lightweight Stroller For Travel – Reviews, Comparison & Guide
When came to choosing a more storage friendly stroller or even a smaller one, there were not many choices not too long ago. But now with the new stroller models and designs you have everything at hand and you will not have to sacrifice some of the convenient features.
Choosing the best lightweight stroller to buy for your new little baby is one of the most important decisions any parent has to make.
This is because there are a lot of factors to consider when purchasing a stroller. Of course, you would want to make a purchase that you will not regret, and a stroller is something of an investment to every parent.
One of your options when it comes to lightweight strollers is the umbrella stroller. If you decide to purchase a light umbrella stroller, you should carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages that come along with it.
There are many benefits to purchasing lightweight umbrella strollers as opposed to its heavier counterparts. If you are the type of parent who takes your baby out to short trips such as errands or to the grocery, then an light stroller for travel might be the perfect choice for you.
Below are some of the benefits one can expect from having this type of baby carrier for the travel:
- The umbrella stroller may be the best lightweight stroller because of its undeniable minimal weight and small size. This makes it easy to store and easy to transport.
- It also is very handy for emergencies when you need a stroller to just take your baby along with you, but can’t be bothered by the hassle of bringing a heavy duty one. Some will also feature one-hand fold mechanisms, making it all more the convenient for you.
- Most lightweight strollers nowadays are already designed for safety. You will usually find that these strollers feature a five point safety harness, allowing for smooth and comfortable rides while ensuring that your baby does not get out of his seat.
- Most lightweight strollers are durable and can last you many months or even years. Most can support babies from 40 to 55 pounds, although this will largely depend on the manufacturer.
Amazon Top Rated Lightweight Strollers 2019
- Durable, stylish aluminum frame (13 pounds) with large seat area
- 4 position recline with 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight and height of child: 50 pounds and 43 inches
- Anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- Adjustable and removable canopy with flip out sun visor. New and improved easy compact fold with carry strap and auto lock
- Extra-large storage basket and rear storage pocket. Don't overload storage basket: Maximum 10 pounds
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips
- LARGE CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD -- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations.
- RECLINING SEAT -- Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child to 50 pounds. (Does not recline completely flat)
- ROOMY STORAGE -- Large, easy to access storage basket holds all baby's necessities. Removable child tray with dual cup & juice box holder, and parent tray with two drink holders and extra storage area.
- Comfort-grip Handle and parent organizer tray
- Dual Foot activated parking brake and parent organizer with 2 cup holders
- Large Canopy and basket; Baby Trend Rocket Stroller will accommodate your growing child up to 50 pounds
- Compact fold for travel and storage
- 5 point harness for safety
- Holds up to 40 lbs. Removable carry-all parent organizer comes included Roll-up the padded seat to expose a mesh back and create a comfy headrest-helps increase air flow and keep your child comfortable
- Extendable European-style canopy with sun visor Three-point safety harness Travel-friendly compact umbrella fold. 3-point safety harness.
- Parent features: easy grip, extra-long foam handles; parent cup holder Storage basket holds your travel essentials Front swivel wheels with suspension system; 5.5" front and back wheels
- Calf support and footrest lets your child ride comfortably Lightweight, sturdy frame for maximum portability JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM
- Assembled dimensions: 31.5"L x 18.1"W x 42"H Folded dimensions: 44"L x 11.5"W x 7.75"D/H Product weight: 9.9 lbs.
- 4-position backrest easily adjusts with one hand for growing children
- Adjustable, removable canopy with peek-a-boo window
- The Liteway stroller holds children up to 40lbs only. Any child larger than 40lbs will have trouble fitting in the stroller
- Lightweight aluminum frame. Assembled Dimensions - 35 x 19 x 40 Inches. Folded Dimensions - 46 x 10 x 11.75 Inches
- Compact fold with automatic storage latch and carry handle
A lightweight and cheap stroller is sometimes what you need. If you travel a lot, go often shopping and you need to move fast then a lightweight stroller would make everything a little bit smoother.
Just because it is light-weight that doesn’t mean that the stroller is not sturdy, safe and comfortable for your child.
However, there are certain things that lack in an umbrella stroller:
- Lightweight umbrella strollers are not suitable for babies from 4 to 6 months of age due less support that they provide.
- Most wheels are made of plastic which are less durable compared to the rubber wheels that their counterparts carry.
- You usually will not find any storage space or snack trays with umbrella strollers due to the compactness of its design.
But, the key is convenience, because as a parent you don;t need any more hassles and complications. And for that, the chart below will help you decide what is the best lightweight stroller for you!