Baby Jogger Summit XC Review
If you are looking for a great jogging stroller with superior suspension that you can take on any outdoor adventure, give the Baby Jogger Summit XC jogging stroller a try.
The Baby Jogger Summit XC motto is, “No Boundaries, No Limits – Go Anywhere,” because the Summit XC provides exceptional performance and maneuverability on any terrain.
Equipped with one of a kind all wheel suspension, this stroller will go anywhere!
Baby Jogger Summit XC Review :- Features
- Patented Quick-Fold Technology – allows you to fold your stroller in one simple step
- Unique patented all-wheel independent suspension offers the smoothest ride on the block
- Hand-operated rear drum brakes for increased control on hilly terrain
- Swivel front wheel can lock into place for exercise purposes
- 16″ rear and 12″ front quick-release pneumatic tires for all-terrain capabilities
- Adjustable multi-position sun canopy with clear view windows and side ventilation panels
- Adjustable padded seat recline to a near flat position with a vented seat top and retractable weather cover
- Patented universal accessory mounting bracket
- Extended handlebar with wipe-clean grip
- Adjustable five-point safety harness with shoulder pads
- Seat back storage compartment and large under seat storage basket
- Rear parking brake
- 75 lb. weight capacity on single jogging stroller
Product Dimensions (inches)
- Folded: 13 x 22 x 29
- Front tires: 12
- Rear tires: 16
- Product Weight: 29 lbs.
- Rain/Wind Canopy (BPA and PVC free material)
- Bug Canopy
- Car Seat Adaptor Multi Mode: (Peg Perego, Britax, Maxi Cosi, Graco, and Evenflo infant car seats)
- Car Seat Adaptor Chicco Keyfit Model
- Belly Bar
- Child Tray
- Cup Holder
Baby Jogger Summit XC Jogging Stroller User Reviews
Users absolutely love this jogging stroller saying it has the smoothest ride and the best suspension of any jogging stroller. The shocks are amazing because they are on every stroller wheel and the stroller simply glides over tree roots, uneven pavement, gravel, dirt and grass while baby sits as comfortable as can be.
Users love the adjustable stroller seat (but it does not lay flat—so not for babies under 6 months in age—but you can convert the stroller into a travel system with the addition of the infant car seat adaptor) and the adjustable handles which they say are great for tall parents.
The Summit XC also has a decent size storage basket and the mesh storage pocket on the back of the seat. The sun canopy is huge and has a peek-a-boo window as well as two side ventilation windows. The canopy sits very high and accommodates tall children really well.
The Baby Jogger Summit XC is really easy to navigate thanks to the front swivel wheel and users say it turns on a dime and can even be steered using only one hand. When you are ready to jog or take the stroller over rough terrain, you can lock the front wheel into a fixed position.
The wide wheel base allows for a really steady ride when jogging and the stroller comes with a hand break and a safety strap for great stroller control when on the move.
One feature of the Baby Jogger Summit XC jogging stroller that won over many users who couldn’t decide between the Bob Revolution jogging stroller and this stroller is the Summit’s one-handed folding system.
Users say this stroller is super easy to fold and they can even do so while holding their baby in their other hand.
Users also report that the Summit folds rather compact for a jogging stroller and it can even fit in compact trunks when you take off the easy to remove wheels rear wheels.
Not An Everyday Stroller
Fans of the Baby Jogger Summit XC stroller do point out though that this is a true jogging stroller and it does not make the best everyday stroller. They say it is the best stroller for outdoor use like when going to the park, taking walks around the neighborhood, or going on off-road treks.
However, the rear wheels of this stroller are fairly wide and therefore this is not a great stroller for maneuvering down narrow store aisles or between clothing racks.
Several users recommend keeping an umbrella stroller in the trunk of the car for these indoor errands. If you are in the market for a narrower jogging stroller then you might want to look into purchasing the Bob Revolution stroller.
A few negatives for this stroller are the fact that you have to pay extra for all of the accessories, even the infant car seat adaptor and cup holder. These extra purchases can greatly increase the overall cost of this jogging stroller.
Users also wish Baby Jogger would add a Velcro adjust to the safety strap for a better wrist fit and complain that the storage basket can be hard to access.
And, of course, some users grip about the bulky size of the stroller and one user points out that the Summit XC does not make the best airport stroller since it does not fit through the security x-ray. (Security officials will treat the stroller as they do a wheelchair).
However, it must be noted that the Baby Jogger Summit XC is a true jogging stroller and is rather compact and lightweight compared to other similar jogging strollers on the market.
- Excellent jogging and all-terrain abilities, glides smoothly, great suspension and has a hand break
- Large sun canopy and peek-a-boo window
- Good storage basket, pockets, and adjustable handle
- Steer and turn with one hand
- One handed folding system! Folds compact for jogging stroller and wheels can be removed for more compact fold
- Great stroller for outdoor use
- Can be used as either a travel system with an infant car seat or as a pram with a baby bassinet
- Not for everyday indoor use or trips to the mall
- Must purchase all accessories separately
Baby Jogger Summit XC Summary
Overall, the Baby Jogger Summit XC is an excellent jogging stroller and for those looking for the perfect outdoor adventure stroller, they won’t be disappointed.