This booster car seat has been designed to increase in height as well as lap depth to accommodate the ever-growing child, ensuring that your child will not outgrow this booster prematurely.
The Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster seat is designed to accommodate children 40 lb and 110 lbs and can grow in height and lap depth with a simple adjustment.
Pivoting armrests make it easy for children to get in and out of the Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 allowing children to truly grow with the seat.
The seat can be converted into a no-back booster and the seat pad is washable.
Also, the seat does come with LyfGaurd energy-absorbing foam protection. These enhanced safety elements make parents happy about purchasing this booster seat.
The seat is also available in a deluxe model which includes dual cup holders and dual activity lights, as well as a head and body pillow.
Both models have been side-impact tested.
Also, check out reviews for the Britax USA Grow with You ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat and the Recaro ProSport Combination Harness-to-Booster Car Seat.
Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat Review:- Features
Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat, Bubbly Blue
1 used from $54.34
- VERSATILE, 2-in-1 DESIGN: The Spectrum Booster Seat offers a 2-in-1 design that transitions from a high back booster seat to a no back booster seat supporting children from 40-110 pounds
- TESTED & TRUSTED: In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable federal safety standards, this car seat also passes Evenflo's comprehensive Side Impact and industry leading Rollover Test Standards
- NEXT LEVEL SAFETY: This seat features our latest advancement for side impact protection, LyfGuard, which has layers of energy-absorbing material that compress on impact, helping to lower the risk of injury
- MODERN DESIGN: The sleek, engineered lines and bold, modern colors of the Spectrum Booster seat are designed to maintain a balanced aesthetic suited to match the latest styles in cars and minivans
- OTHER VALUABLE FEATURES: Built with the hustle and bustle of family life in mind, this seat features dual cup holders for drinks of all sizes, and 2 snack trays that can stow away when not in use
- 5 position height adjustment
- Seat grows in height and lap depth
- Pivoting armrests for easy entry and exit
- Easily converts to a no-back booster
- Washable cloth pad
- Weight: 8.2 lbs.
Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat Review:- Pros
Reviewers are very pleased with the Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster seat and there are surprisingly very few complaints about this seat.
The seat is super affordable (under $100), and users love the movable armrests, the well-padded and comfortable seat bottom, and child cup holders.
Users are also very pleased that this seat is not at all bulky, fits well in small cars, and is very easy to move from car to car.
The seat may not have a lot of bells and whistles but it does the job and children seem very happy riding in this seat and are proud to graduate from their convertible car seat to their “big kid booster.”
Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat Review:- Cons
One of the main complaints about the Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster seat is that it has no head or neck support and a child’s head will flop from side to side when asleep in this booster.
However, users do say that if you are planning on using this seat for short trips around town then this is a great booster to choose.
Also, users should be aware that this is a belt-positioning booster car seat and it does not have a 5-point harness, so this is not a seat for younger children. In addition, the seat does not have latch connectors to keep it secure in the car and instead only uses the car’s seat belt.
However, parents who already own this seat are very pleased with their purchase and if you are looking for a simple seat that will help to position your child’s seatbelt correctly, then this is an inexpensive booster seat with good ratings that is worth looking into.
- LyfGaurd energy-absorbing foam protection
- Easy to use
- Great cup holders and moving armrests
- Well-padded seat
- No 5-point harness so not for use with younger children—only use with older children who have graduated to using the car’s safety belt
- No latch connectors for installation
- No head support for a sleeping child
Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat Review:- Summary
The Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster has received good ratings from reviewers at target.com and Amazon.com.
Most parents are absolutely wild about the activity lights and say they allow their child to read or play with toys during an evening or nighttime car ride.
Parents also comment on how comfortable and well padded the seat is, how lightweight it is, and on the usefulness of the cup holders.