Best Double Umbrella Stroller Review & Buyer’s Guide.
Whether you are on a leisure walk through the park or shopping out for groceries or out to dine, every parent feels a natural urge to buy a stroller for the convenience.
The market is flooded with options to choose from, confusing the choice of the buyer.
Let’s have a look at some of the best Best Double Umbrella Strollers.
1) Best Double Umbrella Stroller:- UPPAbaby G-Link Stroller
UPPAbaby 2018 G-Link Stroller with Cup Holder in Jake Black
- Includes stroller, seat pads, infant support system and cupholder!
- Infant Support System -- Fully reclined seat combined with an infant head support and mesh foot enclosure for travel from birth.
- Independent one-handed adjustable recline with 4 positions.
- Individual adjustable footrests.
- Large canopies with extendable SPF 50+ sunshade.
The G-LINK is the newest addition to the G-series collection and the color palette includes;
Pascal (grey on silver frame)Jake (black on carbon color frame) and Ella (jade on silver frame). It is a side-by-side double umbrella stroller.
Let’s have a look at the brand first:
Founded in 2006, UPPAbaby is based in Massachusetts, U.S. with products available worldwide.
UPPAbaby mission is to make the smartest strollers, car seats and juvenile gear available.
Intuitively designed, stylish and sleek, with the features and functions that parents want.
Some of the highlighting features of UPPAbaby G-Link Stroller are:
1) Basics- It comes with a unique design that has four sets of wheels, versus the traditional six, which provides optimal maneuverability. The aluminum frame with side-by-side seats makes the G-LINK extremely lightweight.
Adding cheery to the cake, it has machine washable seat fabric. It comes with an amazing carry handle that you can steer it with one hand, easily.
2) Storage- It comes with a huge storage basket. It fetches double storage pockets on the back of the canopies and has an easy-access storage basket which is generous in size.
So pile in all your groceries, the diaper bag and store your accidental purchase items with tranquility. Plus, it has a removable cup holder too!
3) Extras- It has individual adjustable footrests, infant support systems and plush head inserts. Adding more to it, it has a single-step break, independent reclining seats and a patent-pending one-action folds.
4) Add-on features- The G-LINK stands when folded and has an XL canopy with an extendable SPF 50+ sunshade. It has lockable front wheels for that added stability and a hand-level folding trigger.
The new G-LINK stroller accommodates new-borns up to 50 lbs. (per seat) and has a variety of accessories including; Rain Shield, Travel Bag, CozyGanoosh, extra cup holder, and Stroller Blankies.
2) Best Double Umbrella Stroller:- Maclaren Twin Triumph
Maclaren Twin Triumph Double Stroller - Charcoal/Scarlet
- Sovereign? Lifetime Warranty
- Global Safety Standard?
- One-hand fold
- Compact umbrella fold
- Aircraft grade aluminium chassis
If you are the one who dodges on reliability and is looking out for a product from a reputable brand, Maclaren Twin Triumph is a perfect pick for you! This twin stroller is simply a boon for parents with two kids.
Let’s have a look at the brand–
Maclaren is a manufacturer of baby buggies, strollers and carriers based in England. It is a brand that represents luxury and prestige and provides an unsurpassed experience to consumers worldwide.
A brand that parents have been trusting for years. Its mission statement speaks all about the brand in a single statement
” What a mother wants, what a baby needs. “
Some of the highlighting features of Maclaren Twin Triumph are as follows:
1) Fold- It comes with an incredibly compact fold! Due to its compact nature, it can be easily stored indoors. The Twin Triumph fits through standard doorways and is easy to fold and steer, making it the ideal stroller for busy, growing families.
In fact, the fold mechanism is so simple that it can be done one-handed.
2) Comfort-It doesn’t have a central handle, but does have ergonomically angled handles on each side that make it comfortable to push. They are nicely padded, too. Each seat reclines independently, so that you can cater to each child’s needs separately.
Its main highlighting feature is the extra security netting on the bottom of the seat so that smaller babies cannot fall out.
3) Storage– The shopping basket isn’t that huge, but this helps to keep the weight of the buggy down. So you can only squeeze in a few essentials.
4) Sun Protection- A separate hood over each seat, which is really nice and deep, provides good protection from the sun or wind.
A rain cover is included, which is nice and easy to fit over both seats simultaneously, and the buggy has clips on each side to keep it secure once folded.
5) Ease– The wheels are lockable swivel, and these are combined with the light aluminum frame which makes it easy to maneuver, even through the tight doorways.
It comes with a 5-point harness-system with three height positions.
However, the seats are fairly narrow which becomes uncomfortable for older toddlers. Thus, it is appropriate for a baby of 6 months.
One of the main cons is that due to its small wheel structure, it becomes difficult to handle it on grass or gravel. Thus, it is best for families in urban settings.
To sum it up, it is a good-value, quality pushchair that’s light, compact and easy to maneuver. With the kind of price structure it comes with and the Sovereign Lifetime Guarantee it offers, it is a complete thumbs-up.
3) Best Double Umbrella Stroller:- Kolcraft Cloud
Kolcraft Cloud Side-by-Side Double Umbrella Stroller with 3-Point Safety System and Reclining Seats, Scarlet
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Weighs only 21lbs so you can travel light and nimble with two children
- EASY FOLD -- Quick and compact umbrella fold for portability and easy travel. Folded dimensions: 13 x 12.5 x 43.5 inches (L x W x H)
- LARGE CANOPY -- Expandable, independent canopies with visor extensions and rear hood for extra UV coverage
- INDEPENDENTLY RECLINING SEAT -- Convenient independently reclining seats with padded 3-point safety harness
- ROLL-UP SEAT BACKS -- Cool climate seat backs roll-up for maximum air flow in warm weather
It is one of those few budget double umbrellas that’s worth a darn.
Let’s have a look at the brand–
Kolcraft is a third-generation family owned and operated baby product manufacturer based in Chicago with facilities throughout the USA and internationally.
This year Kolcraft has completed its 70 year milestone. This line of the company says it all At Kolcraft, everything we do, we do for the love of family.
Some of the highlighting features of Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller, Scarlet are as follows:
1) Lightweight- It’s main highlighting feature is that it is extremely lightweight. Due to this feature it is a travel friendly stroller. It is easy to fold and is compact for convenient storage.
2) Convenience– It comes with a 5 point safety harness system. The seats recline individually that make it highly convenient for babies. Moreover, it comes with an extra wide frame that fits in through most of the doorways. It even comes with a parent cup holder.
3) Sunshade– It comes with an expandable canopies for maximum coverage. One of its attention grabbing feature is the cool-climate roll-up that exposes mesh for increased air circulation and creates a head rest.
You can roll up the seat pads for better air ventilation and roll them down for cooler weather.
The only con is that it doesn’t come with a bottom storage basket. But then at the price it comes it, you cannot have more of the complaints. To sum up, it is an inexpensive double stroller that assures reliable standards of quality and performance.
4) Best Double Umbrella Stroller:- Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller
Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller, Black
- Basic weight: 26.2lb; Suitable for Newborn and up to 11lbs
- UPF 50+
- Four-position recline seat with one-hand adjustment, extendable leg rest with memory position and Newborn Safety System
- Self-service replaceable parts available
- Included: premium wind-resistant rain cover, head hugger & shoulder pads
Let’s have a look at the brand-
Maclaren is a manufacturer of baby buggies, strollers and carriers based in England.
It is a brand that represents luxury and prestige and provides an unsurpassed experience to consumers worldwide.
A brand that parents have been trusting for years. Its mission statement speaks all about the brand in a single statement
What a mother wants, what a baby needs.
Some of the highlighting features of Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller are as follows:
1) Features– It comes with a strong, aluminum frame that is easy to maneuver through a standard door. It comes complete with two cosy boots, two head huggers and chest pads to make sure the comfort of the child.
It comes with a foot- operated linked brakes. It also has the rain cover which provides excellent protection from wind and rain.
2) Sunshade- It has individual canopies that slide up the frame to adjust to accommodate the angle of the sun or to give more headroom.
You can also roll the back of the canopy to open up the seat and allow air to circulate through to keep your child extra cool. It has an Extendable waterproof/ UPF 50+ sun canopy and built-in sun vision.
3) Comfort– The front wheels are lockable making it easy to push the stroller on either smooth or rougher ground.
There are two small baskets underneath the stroller and has a removable washable seat fabric. It comes with two bottle holders at the back.
4) Seats– It comes with a 5 point harness system and 4 wheel suspension. Each seat is independent to the other and can adjust through four different positions from reclining to sitting upright.
The front swivel wheels are lockable.However, the Twin Techno does not accommodate an infant car seat.
A Free 2 year guarantee captures the attention. A cherry on the cake is that its self-service replaceable parts are available. In short, it is a product that fetches that stability and durability at a small price and is a complete thumbs up for that lifetime buy.
5) Best Double Umbrella Stroller:- Kinderwagon
Kinderwagon - Skip Umbrella Stroller - Black
- Lightweight aluminum
- Seat suitable from 3+ months to 50 lbs
- Compatible with the following infant car seats: Graco SnugRide Classic Connect, Britax B-Safe, Combi Shuttle, and Nuna Pipa
- Compact umbrella fold, Front wheels can swivel or remain fixed
- Includes: stroller, sun canopy, rain cover, basket and removable cup holder
Let’s have a look at the brand
At Kinderwagon, our goal is to give a comfortable and engaging ride for babies and a no-nonsense driving experience for parents.
After all, your stroller is a baby’s first vehicle; why not set the bar high?I think the goals speak for the brand itself.
Some of the highlighting features of Kinderwagon Hop Tandem Umbrella Stroller – Black v2 are as follows:
1) Seats- Both the seats are padded and own 5-point harnesses. The front seat has a bumper bar, an adjustable leg rest, and reclines ever so slightly; the rear seat sits up higher and reclines nearly flat.
The back seat is raised up higher than the front one. But it is only usable with 1 infant car seat.
2) Sunshade-It comes with a rain cover and a cup holder. The canopy is average for an umbrella stroller and has two peekaboo windows to see what’s going on below decks.
The back seat is totally covered from the sun, this might bother some older kids in the back.
3) Storage– The underbelly storage is a small or a medium-sized basket that can only be accessed from the side. You won’t be able to fit in large bags in that space. It folds up so well that fits in anywhere.
4) Wheels– Its main highlighting feature is that it comes with a front and rear wheel suspension. It has 6 wheels. Due to this feature, it won’t stuck at both grass and gravel.It’s small, compact and can accommodate an infant seat.
However, it is slightly larger than an umbrella stroller and perfect for families with compact cars.The best part is that they have built-in car seat adapter straps.
Thus, there is no need to buy other accessories! Adding on to the quality, it is ASTM F833-11 and CPSIA Compliant Certified.
To sum in one line, it is a stroller weighing only 21.5 lbs. it is lightweight, narrow and easily collapsible for parents on the go.
Buyer’s guide of Double Umbrella Stroller:
Before buying any stroller, you need to look out for the following important features
- Brakes-Look for brakes that are conveniently located. If you live in a hilly city, you might also want resistance brakes that will slow your stroller down on an incline.
- Washability– The stroller tends to get sticky. Make sure you get a stroller that is easy to clean.
- Car seat compatibility– In case you are the one who will be often in and out of the car, look for one that is compatible with your car seat.
- Adjustable handlebars– Handlebar-height adjustability can be among the most important features for comfortable use over time.
- Safety strap– All strollers come with a strap, located near the handlebars, so you can attach it around your wrist for extra security.
- Adjustable seat position– This is a very important feature that ensures the comfort of the child. In most full-size and all-terrain strollers, the seat will have multiple positions so that your child can feel comfortable.
- Accessories– Look out for accessories like rain cover, cup and food holders, stroller blanket and sunshade or canopy, etc. to give that extra comfort to the child.
- Stroller travel bag– You might be needing a stroller bag that is designed to carry it, in case you are traveling with your stroller.
- Cup and food holders– Usually a stroller come equipped with these or offer them as an option. In case it is not there, you can easily add them to your strollers. It makes it easy for the child.
- Infant head support– In case your baby is young, this is a feature you cannot overlook. In case the built in cushioning is not appropriate, you can get a cushioned insert to hold your child’s head in place.
Importance of Stroller :
A baby tends to spend a lot of time in the stroller, thus, making a wise choice is a must. Usually people confuse between buying a baby carrier or a stroller. Due to their low cost, people prefer baby carriers, but one cannot overlook the convenience of a stroller. The key benefits of the same are:
- Safety– This is a consideration that should not be compromised at any cost. They act as a sun harness and protect the child from harsh ultraviolet rays and other environmental factors.
- Comfort-The best part is that a stroller keeps a baby in the natural position that his body instinctively assumes to ensure that he is comfortable and safe. It is a technique for soothing a baby.
- Storage Capacity– A lot of products need to be squeezed in along with the baby like a diaper bag, a water or milk bottle, snacks, toys, and some extra clothes. A stroller provides ample storage capacity for the same.
- Convenience– It is one of the most highlighting factors of buying a stroller. The hubbub of everyday activities makes it difficult for many parents to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. You can keep your child with you at all times without making yourself exhausted.
- Durable– They are made of strong and durable materials, thus are long-lasting and go for ages.
- Traveling– It allows you and your little one to enjoy nice, fresh air and stroll through the park together. In case you are the one that enjoy longer trips, purchasing a stroller is the best decision you can take.
Best Double Umbrella Stroller: – Types of Strollers
Advanced baby strollers are continuously being improved to provide parents and children with better and more useful features. The market is flooded with a gamut of strollers.
Strollers basically includes these categories-
- Stroller Frames– The frame stroller is basically used for initial 12 months and is one of the most convenient ways of being able to stroll with baby in the car seat. Their main purpose is to carry an infant car seat. They are super lightweight and folding them up is simply a walkover. But once the baby outgrows the car seat, they are of no use.
- Full- size Strollers– A full-size stroller offers a click-in car seat adapter for your infant seat. These strollers come with their own attachable car seats that are perfect for moving a sleeping baby from the car to stroller, without causing the baby any disturbance. Buying a set like this, often helps you save money.
- Umbrella Strollers– The umbrella stroller is a small, lightweight, easy to fold and an inexpensive option to buy. These strollers usually have no special features and their primary aim is to provide protection from sun rays. They are called umbrella strollers for their curved, umbrella like handles and easy, single-handed folding. They can be used only when the baby can sit unassisted i.e. when he is usually around 6 months. Due to their low price, many parents buy this as a second stroller.
- Travel System Strollers– A travel system is basically a full-size, stand-alone stroller. It consists of an infant car seat, a car seat base for your vehicle, and a stroller. The best part is travel system allows you to move a sleeping baby, undisturbed, from car to stroller. However, the main disadvantage is that they can be bulky.
- Car Seat Carrier Strollers– They are compact and lightweight metal frames designed to carry specific types of infant car seats. You remove the car seat from its base in the car and snap it into the stroller frame. You can also find tandem-style versions of the single infant car seat carrier. However, once your child outgrows the infant car seat stage, the frame is of no use.
- Jogging strollers– These are designed with three wheels on a lightweight frame. They are great for taking your child on long walks and on those runs. They come with a hand brake, a foot-operated parking brake, and larger, air-filled tires.
- Its highlighting feature is its tethered strap that keeps the stroller from rolling away in case you lose your grip or fall. They have a longer life as compared to traditional strollers.
- However, the main difficulty faced with jogging strollers is that their size makes them hard to maneuver up and down stairs, into elevators, or through stores. Moreover, they don’t fold as compactly as others do.
- Double or Tandem Strollers– These strollers have one seat directly behind the other. They are easier to maneuver through doorways, though the rear seats on some models can lack legroom. You can even find tandem strollers that will hold triplets.
- Sit and Stand Strollers– They are narrow and lightweight strollers that have a regular seat in front. They are perfect for kids who are 3-5 years, i.e. they are for a child who can walk on his own.
Best Double Umbrella Stroller:- Conclusion
It is very important to pick a stroller that matches your needs and requirements. With lots of options available, making a choice can be a daunting task.
Research extensively, go through each minute detail and make a wise purchase, keeping in mind the comfort of your little one.
Go for those extra accessories in case needed to make the experience and ride a smooth one for him. While, price is a very important factor that can dominate the decision, but don’t compromise on quality and safety at any cost.
Make a wise decision and gift your little one his first vehicle ride!