Evenflo Triumph Convertible Car Seat Review
For the number one rated car convertible car seat, check out the Evenflo Triumph! Evenflo provides three Triumph car seat Editions: Triumph LX, Triumph 65 DLX, Triumph LX 65.
Evenflo Triumph Convertible Car Seat Review:- Features
Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat, Charleston
- This Convertible Car Seat helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 pounds and forward facing toddlers from 22-65 pounds allowing the Triumph LX to grow with your child
- Evenflo's proprietary e3 Side Impact Protection significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through 3 layers of expanded zone protection
- Quick Connector Latch System allows you to quickly and safely move this convertible car seat around multiple vehicles
- The 5-point Infinite Slide harness easily slides to adjust for an accurate fit every time which means easy in and out for your child
- Dual integrated cup holders allow your child easy access to their favorite drinks or juices
All three Evenflo Triumph car seat editions are equipped with the following features:
- #1 Rated convertible car seat for performance and price by leading consumer magazine!
- Infinite Slide Harness: simply slides for an accurate fit. No rethreading necessary!
- TensionRight knob: tightens harness easily from side
- EPP Energy Absorbing foam liner: gives the added safety that parents desire
- 5-point harness: preferred by safety advocacy groups
- 2-Piece chest clip: allows child to be put in and taken out in seconds!
- Multiple-position upfront recline: is easy to use and adds comfort for the child
- Fold-down cup holder: for easy access to drinks and folds out of the way when not in use
- Side Impact Tested: Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo’s side impact standards
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the federal crash test standard
Below are additional features found on each of the individual Triumph editions.
Triumph LX Convertible
- Rear Facing for infants 5 to 40 lbs.
- Forward facing for infants 22 to 65 lbs.
- Removable, washable pads-seat pad, body pillow and infant head pillow
- 2 crotch strap positions accommodate growing child
Triumph 65 DLX
- Rear Facing for infants 5 to 40 lbs
- Forward Facing for infants 22-65 lbs
- Plush ComfortTouch seat pad: easily removable body pillow, and toddler pillow for a comfortable ride. Machine washable.
Triumph 65 LX
- Rear facing for infants 5 to 40 lbs.
- Forward facing for infants 20-65 lbs.
- 65 lbs harness weight rating to keep children safely harnessed as they grow!
- Removable body and infant head support pillows
- Removable, washable seat pad
Evenflo Triumph Convertible Car Seat Review:- Pros
The Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible has received a rating of 4.5 out 5 stars from hundreds of reviewers at amazon.com, toysrus.com and diapers.com.
#1 In Car Seat Safety!
Living up to its high safety rating, you’d be surprised to see how many users have posted on the online message boards about accidents they have been in while driving with their child strapped into the Triumph, including several accounts of roll over incidents, and thankfully their child has survived unharmed.
These parents are thrilled that they chose the Evenflo Triumph car seat and really feel this car seat contributed to saving their child’s life during these dangerous collisions. “Thanks Evenflo!” Sincerely, many grateful parents.
Easy To Use Car Seat
Users love the Evenflo Triumph car seat and are even choosing to buy an extra one for their second car or for the grandparent’s car.
Over and over again reviewers are writing about how easy the Evenflo Triumph car seat is to install, whether you are using the Latch system or a seatbelt, and you won’t need a rolled towel or noodle to install the seat rear facing at the correct angle.
The seat is well padded and comfortable and the seat fabric is super soft and easy to wash. Just remove the seat cover, pop into the washing machine and dryer and reattach to the seat.
Most reviewers absolutely love the easy to adjust straps (Infinite Slide Harness) and are over the moon about not having to rethread the straps to adjust the shoulder strap height.
Just turn the knob on the front of the seat to loosen or tighten the straps. This is a great feature for those days you need a little extra strap space for a bulky jacket or snow suit.
The seat is positioned nice and high so that babies have a great view out the window—but parents do warn new users to be careful not to bump baby’s head on the car roof getting baby in and out of the car seat.
Users love the removable infant cushion/insert that comes with the DLX model and also find the adjustable crotch strap useful (found on the Advance LX model).
However, most importantly, users love that they can get the safest car seat on the market for a very affordable price and to top it all off, the seat is super easy to use and baby is extremely comfortable in the seat.
It seems parents can finally have their cake and eat it too.
Evenflo Triumph Car Seat Negatives
There are few complaints about the Evenflo Triumph car seat. Many users comment on the size of the car seat saying it can be too big for some cars (you will have to test it out to see if it fits in your car—most stores will let you try out the store model in your car to make sure that the seat fits).
Users also complain that the seat is a bit on the heavy side.
However, after going through the many hundreds of reviews I was able to get confirmation from users that the seat does fit in most mid-size and compact sedans and there are users who report they fitted the seat rear facing (without pushing the front passenger seat forward) in the following cars: Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, Toyota Prius, Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Accent, and Ford Fusion.
In fact, many of these users say the Triumph takes up less room rear facing than the Graco SnugFit infant car seat.
There are several complaints from users of smaller cars about the Infinite Slide Harness and the TensionRight knob.
The knob is located on the front/side of the car seat and in smaller cars the knob gets pressed up against the rear passenger seat and it becomes hard to adjust.
However, once the seat is turned forward facing the knob works smoothly again. But, for users with this problem it can become frustrating and exhausting to adjust the knob.
Almost every user agrees that the cup holder is completely useless—it is designed only to hold paper or Styrofoam cups—not sippy cups. Most users just took it off the seat and threw it away.
A few users also complain that while it is nice that the seat fabric is machine washable, it begins to look worn and tattered after just one wash and they wish the fabric was made from a stronger and more durable cloth.
Other users feel the shoulder straps are positioned too close together and hate that they are not padded and this combination has caused them to rub against their baby’s neck and really irritate the skin.
For some parents this was a deal breaker, while other parents remedied the situation by purchasing padding for the straps.
Some users feel that the Triumph is junk in comparison to the Briax Marathon car seat and just doesn’t match up when compared to Britax’s quality.
However, there are just as many users who think the Triumph is just as good as, or better than, the Marathon, and for $100 less.
- #1 Rated Best Car Seat
- Easy Installation
- Easy To Adjust Straps
- Allows Good View Out Window
- Infinite Slide Harness and the TensionRight Knob Hard To Adjust In Rear Facing Position In Smaller Cars
- Cup Holder Useless
- Harness Straps Too Close Together And Not Well Padded
- Not High Quality Seat
Evenflo Triumph Convertible Car Seat Review:- Summary
In conclusion, the majority of reviewers are very pleased with the Evenflo Triumph convertible car seat and feel it really lives up to its number one rating by Consumer Reports.
This is definitely a car seat worth purchasing. Good job Evenflo—you have produced a true Triumph!