Britax Frontier ClickTight Booster Seat Review
The Britax Frontier ClickTight Booster Seat can be used as either a forward facing 5-point harness car seat or as a belt-positioning booster seat and is good for children weighing 25 lbs-120 lbs.
This booster seat is equipped with all of the advanced safety features always found on Britax car seats and it is the last safety seat you will ever need to purchase for your child.
In addition, the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) has recommended the Britax Frontier ClickTight and the Britax Frontier 85 SICT as “Best Bets” for child booster seats and belt-positioning boosters.
- One of the top safety picks—allows child to remain in 5-point harness up to 85 lbs and is a “best bet” choice by the IIHS for a safe high back belt positioning booster. The seat also has side impact protection and EPS foam.
- Cup holders and head rest
- Roomy and comfortable
- Straps easy to adjust and children won’t outgrow them quickly
- Difficult to install
Britax Frontier ClickTight Booster Seat
The Britax Frontier ClickTight combination car seat can be used as a forward facing harness seat from age 2 (at least 25lbs) until 85lbs. The Frontier can be converted to a high back, belt positioning booster seat once your child reaches 40 lbs and can be used as such until 120lbs.
The seat comes with True Side Impact Protection (which distributes crash forces, shields the baby from vehicle intrusions (debris like flying glass caused by an accident) and contains the head and body of the infant and keeps the head, neck and spine “in true” alignment to limit injury.
It also has a quick adjust head restraint and no rethread harness, and comes with a 5-point adjustable harness belt that can be used on children up to 85 lbs.
Other features of the Frontier Seat as taken from the Britax site include:
- No Re-thread Harness Adjustment allows you to adjust the harness height without having to re-thread the harness straps
- Harness-2-Booster converts to a belt-positioning booster seat
- Energy-Absorbing Base deforms in the event of a crash to absorb impact forces
- Durable and Washable Cover in mature fashions for the growing child
- Cushioned Armrests help provide a secure fit and a comfortable place to rest tired arms
- Cup Holders built into arms rests designed to hold sippy cups, soda cans, and water bottles
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides indicate the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt
- Front Harness Adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
- HUGS™ (Harness Ultra Guard System) reduces forward head movement and cushions the chest in the event of impact
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion the child
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner (EPS) absorbs and distributes crash forces
- Premium, Push-Button Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick, simple, and tight installation
- Patented, Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether with staged-release tether webbing, anchors the top of the child seat at two points to minimize forward movement in a crash
- Five-Point Harness makes contact with the strongest parts of the body
- 20 inches maximum shoulder harness height
- Weight: 19.6 lbs.
- Washable cover
- Certified for aircraft travel in harness mode
Britax Frontier ClickTight Booster Seat Review :- Pros
The new model of the Britax Frontier ClickTight Harness and Booster seat is getting rave reviews and has received a top notch rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars from hundreds of reviewers at diapers.com, amazon.com and toysrus.com.
This is a real change from the previous model of the Britax Frontier 85 which received mix reviews.
One of the main comments you will see again and again throughout the message boards is that the Britax Frontier ClickTight is “worth the money” because you can’t put a price on safety and this is one of the safest seats money can buy.
Users love that they can keep their child in a 5-point harness until 85 lbs and can’t believe that a 4, 5 and even 6 year old can still use the 5-point harness.
When a child outgrows the harness, or gets to the age when they insist on graduating to using the car’s safety belt, the seat can transform to a high back belt positioning booster seat.
The Britax Frontier ClickTight also comes with superb side impact protection and the adjustable side impact head wings are great for supporting a child’s head during nap time.
The seat is well padded, comfortable, and provides lots of room for older and larger children (users report that six-year olds fit with room to grow!), yet it is not so bulky that it takes up too much room.
Two other passengers can still ride in the back seat along with the Frontier. Parents love the built in cup holders and overall feel that this is the best forward facing harness to high back booster car seat on the market.
Britax Frontier ClickTight Booster Seat Review :- Cons
There are really very few negative reviews for the Britax Frontier ClickTight Combination Harness to Booster car seat. One of the main complaints users have is that the car seat is hard to install without the Latch system—and after your child reaches a certain weight it is no longer safe to use the Latch and you will need to switch to using the seat belt to secure the Frontier.
However, many other reviewers respond that the seat is not that hard to install and if you take a few minutes to read the installation manual or watch a youtube installation video, then securing the Frontier in your car is rather easy. But, there are several users who find the installation difficult.
Another complaint is that the seat is heavy—but you won’t be lifting and carrying this seat often.
Britax Frontier ClickTight Booster Seat Review :- Summary
Overall, the Britax Frontier ClickTight has received rave reviews and users are very pleased with their purchase. The frontier is a top safety pick and if you can afford its expensive price tag then this really is one of the best seats money can buy.
*Note: Several owners of the Honda Odyssey car said that Frontier can only fit in the third row of seats. Something to think about if you own this particular car.
*All Britax car seats are made in the USA.